• Welcome! You will have to REGISTER a free account, before you can access the system. If you already registered, please LOG IN. (top right)
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. If you have questions, feel free to click the CONTACT US link at the bottom of this page.

Flawed Optium Museum Acrylic

Hoffmann Dovetail Joining System

Shayla

WOW Framer
Forum Donor
Removed the cover on both sides, and one end has a pattern in it that won't clean off. Used Ultra Lite cleaner and a microfiber cloth on the piece, but this one section must be a flaw in the material. Rawr! You'd think for as much as they charge, it would be right. The pattern is like ripply marks almost like how a corrugated piece would leave an imprint, but it's not from that.

Joe B

PFG, Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
Try 50% 91% alcohol with 50% distilled water mixture.

Shayla

WOW Framer
Forum Donor
Ok so we're not the only ones getting glass like that then. It wasn't covering the entire thing, so I was able to just chuck the bad end as an offcut, but it was vexing for sure.
It was you! Thanks for posting. I saw it and thought, 'Someone on the Grumble just had this same problem...'

I can try to get a picture of ours, but it might not work. I know it's hard to make the stuff, but if you're going to charge that much, it should be perfect. That said, I'm going to look at it on the piece before contacting anyone. It shows clearly on black paper, but over the bright red and yellow of the artwork, I'm hoping it will magically not.

LifeSaver Cloud from LifeSaver Software, Inc.

CHolt

CGF, Certified Grumble Framer
Recently there was a thread on using nose grease to polish acrylic.

Shayla

WOW Framer
Forum Donor
Recently there was a thread on using nose grease to polish acrylic.
I wrote that. But I don't know if it would work on this. Must try later.

Hahahaha.....talk about life goals.

artfolio

SGF, Supreme Grumble Framer
I had a similar problem with some Chinese clear glass. It had been stored too long and had got damp and the rippled paper between the lites caused a frosted, ripply pattern on the edges where the moisture had penetrated. Nothing I tried would remove it but the supplier came good with a 50% refund so I could cut it ruthlessly. On more expensive glazing I would be looking to return it.

Hoffmann Dovetail Joining System