For Sale: Fellow member is a thief

willy

Grumbler in Training
Business
Frames by Ames
I was recently ripped off by a fellow member. I purchased a set of Morso chopper blades from SAMUEL JOLLY. I paid for the blades through PayPal, he told me he received his money into his account. He never sent the blades after payment. He has since ignored my emails. Please be aware of this thief !!

Hi Willy,

Are you referencing this seller and item? We don't have a username of Samuel Jolly in the database, but maybe you meant Artful?

It looks like that seller posted the ad almost 4 years ago, and has sold several sets.

He last signed on 1/18/2024. If the messages were sent through the forum to him after that date, he has not yet re-visited to retrieve them since that date.

A google search of the info publicly posted on his profile yields an address, direct phone number, and business website.

The website also lists Facebook and Instagram pages, for additional contact methods.

I would suggest first checking your spam email folder, to make sure a reply didn't end up there. If it was me, I would then reach out directly by telephone.

If it goes south, I believe PayPal has some sort of buyer protection program in place.

Hopefully you are able to reach the seller and get the item shipped in a timely manner, with a positive outcome.

Mike

You can complain to PayPal or if you used a credit card through PayPal, to the credit card about non-receipt.

I had an order (first, only and last time) on AliExpress that was so badly botched it had to have been AI, not humans. All (mis)communication was via chat, with no transcripts sent or kept. I told paypal to just close the complaint if they couldn't help me. What they did instead was credit me the dollar amount in my PayPal account as an 'offer'. I could not access it directly, but one day I made a purchase & it automatically applied that credit to my current balance.

Murray

Hi Willy,

Are you referencing this seller and item? We don't have a username of Samuel Jolly in the database, but maybe you meant Artful?

It looks like that seller posted the ad almost 4 years ago, and has sold several sets.

He last signed on 1/18/2024. If the messages were sent through the forum to him after that date, he has not yet re-visited to retrieve them since that date.

A google search of the info publicly posted on his profile yields an address, direct phone number, and business website.

The website also lists Facebook and Instagram pages, for additional contact methods.

I would suggest first checking your spam email folder, to make sure a reply didn't end up there. If it was me, I would then reach out directly by telephone.

If it goes south, I believe PayPal has some sort of buyer protection program in place.

Hopefully you are able to reach the seller and get the item shipped in a timely manner, with a positive outcome.

Mike
Thank you for your reply. Yes, Artful is the name. I've contacted him through a direct email and by cell phone. Once he received my payment, all communications were stopped. Very disappointing. I was told by a friend also to contact PayPal to try and get a resolution or refund.

Not to slip subjects but never think that using PayPal protects you! They will side with the scammer almost everytime. Three times I have gotten ripped off and all three times they either sided with the scammer, even though I had all of the documentation, or they gave me a refund but because the scammer had emptied their account I never got a refund. The last time I ordered a $110 item and recieved a $4 item that was clearly not what I ordered and they would not refund my money unless I returned the $4 item at my expense which to send it back to the seller in China cost $148 in shipping which was clearly a scam because no one would do that. Always buy with a credit card that will protect you because PayPal will not.

Not to slip subjects but never think that using PayPal protects you! They will side with the scammer almost everytime. Three times I have gotten ripped off and all three times they either sided with the scammer, even though I had all of the documentation, or they gave me a refund but because the scammer had emptied their account I never got a refund. The last time I ordered a $110 item and recieved a $4 item that was clearly not what I ordered and they would not refund my money unless I returned the $4 item at my expense which to send it back to the seller in China cost $148 in shipping which was clearly a scam because no one would do that. Always buy with a credit card that will protect you because PayPal will not.
Totally agree, and this is the reason I stopped using eBay/paypal years ago.

Back