• Welcome! You will have to REGISTER a free account, before you can access the system. If you already registered, please LOG IN. (top right)
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. If you have questions, feel free to click the CONTACT US link at the bottom of this page.

Euro 9000 v-nailer

W.D Quinn Saw Co. - US Made Picture Frame Blades

Armentor

Grumbler in Training
Good morning all,

I've found a Euro 9000 that seems to be in good shape. It has been inactive for a few years however, and i'm sure if it works. I'm wondering if someone would point me in a direction to setup / maintenance instructions or shed some light on what to look for with these machines?

thank you -
dave

Prospero

SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
I can't help much but, I've had manual Euro pinner for over 30 years and it's still working fine.
The mechanism is fairly simple, but I've no exp on the air-driven machines.
I'd just say make sure all the moving parts are clean and free of glue residue and the air pipes are
not leaking at the connectors and it should work OK.
** I use Cassese Universal V-nails, as original Euro ones are extinct and they work great.
Other brands (Imnes for one) are not so good.

wpfay

Comfort Badger
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Business
Sunshine Frames
Euro underpinners were real workhorses. My primary concern would be locating parts should the need arise. If you're the McGyver type, I'd say go for it.

Prospero

SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
Euro underpinners were real workhorses. My primary concern would be locating parts should the need arise. If you're the McGyver type, I'd say go for it.

Mines had a fair bit of McGyering over the years. Most of the bolts/springs are fairly generic and easy to replace.
Things like the hammer are trickier. That said I have a spare hammer for mine but the original one is bearing up fine. :D
I take it out now and then and polish it a bit with steel wool. I will say that it's best to avoid lubricating the moving parts.
It will free things up temporarily but will accelerate clogging.

Armentor

Grumbler in Training
Thanks all, I've got it back at the shop. All parts are working well with the exception of the glider. Seems as though air is not getting to the mechanism that releases this function. hopefully, it is an easy fix.

any chance one of you have a link to the manual for this machine?
dave

Vermont Hardwoods solid wood picture frame molding
Beauty, Brawn, and Brains: Wizard Z1 CMC