Praise Epson P8000

echavez123

MGF, Master Grumble Framer
Upgraded last November from a Epson 9800 to the Surecolor P8000. What a difference. After 2 months usage, I noticed some banding on a print. So, I did a nozzle check. The PK ink nozzle showed some blockage, so I went to do a cleaning. And, to my surprise, the Epson allowed me to pick which nozzle to clean!!! This is a huge improvement. On my 9800, I had no choice and all the nozzles were cleaning, ie, wasted ink by pumping through clean nozzles. Bottom line - I can save expensive ink by just cleaning the clogged individual nozzle. Thank you Epson!

I upgraded from my Epson 11880 to a Canon Pro4000 last fall and the difference is amazing!!

I also was getting banding and numerous other problems and finally it had a massive stroke..one of the channels clogged comepletely and was never coming back
I decided two switch to Canon and I can throw a file to it and I don't seem to be having to fiddle with the colors any more. Things just come out right... and fast!!! This thing is really fast.

The biggest benefit with Canon is that I don't need to have a certified service tech drive 8 hours up from the other side of Boston to fix it if the head dies. Canon sends me a new one and I can quickly swap it out and keep running. No reinitializing the machine to the new head like Epson does. More like plug and play.
Congrats on your new toy!!o_O

I got a P5000 a year ago and, previously had a 4000 and a 4900 and the P5000 had been fabulous. Regardless of brand new printers keep getting better.

framer

Our old Epson 4880 has been chugging along reliably since they came out. I was fully expecting it to have clogging issues and die prematurely, fingers crossed, its still going strong with daily use.

Back