• Welcome! You will have to REGISTER a free account, before you can access the system. If you already registered, please LOG IN. (top right)
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. If you have questions, feel free to click the CONTACT US link at the bottom of this page.
Beauty, Brawn, and Brains: Wizard Z1 CMC

WTB: Elpa F-18 brad nailer

Jeff Rodier

SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
ACM sells them if you need one fast and have the store in your area.

Framar

WOW Framer
No, the brads are not backwards - good grief I have been using this gun for over 30 years! ;)

I have never heard of ACM. What is it?

I see UMS now sells a blue gun to replace the yellow one. Anyone use the blue gun? Will it last me at least 10 years?

Right now I have the stupid Flexipoint driver and my elderly yet old reliable Red Devil point driver. That thing is probably almost as old as I am - it has a wooden heel plate.

I was just hoping someone who had switched to pneumatic guns would have an old F-18 lying around......

Vermont Hardwoods solid wood picture frame molding

Jeff Rodier

AC Moore

Framar

WOW Framer
A C Moore. Okey dokey - there is one in Buffalo but I (obviously) have never even heard of it much less shopped there - looks to be an artsy craftsy biggie boxie store?

I guess if no one has a used one to sell me I'll go with the blue one from our loyal Grumble sponsor.

:thumbsup:

Jeff Rodier

I guess if no one has a used one to sell me I'll go with the blue one from our loyal Grumble sponsor.

Good plan or you would end up with dozens of doo dads and whatnots that you don't need anyway. Way too many shiny objects for you to stay focused on the brad driver. :p

I do believe they carry hat boxes if any of yours are homeless. :party:

Vermont Hardwoods solid wood picture frame molding

Framar

WOW Framer
Update:

Salco blue F-18 just ceased operation - I tried taking it apart to see if it had gotten clogged, I can get three out of four of the bolts out - the fourth is stuck fast. But not fast enough for the trigger to become loose and several parts to fall out, including one I have yet to either identify or locate in the black hole of my shop floor.

Found out from Salco that it would be cheaper to buy a new one than to have them repair the old (6 months!) one so I am going back to the thirty year old Elpa.

Bah humbug.

John Ranes II CPF GCF

SGF, Supreme Grumble Framer
Framar said:
...I guess if no one has a used one to sell me I'll go with the blue one from our loyal Grumble sponsor.

...Found out from Salco that it would be cheaper to buy a new one than to have them repair the old (6 months!) one so I am going back to the thirty year old Elpa.

Bah humbug.
Hi Mar,

Just bumped into this thread...obviously when you first wrote it in the Autumn, I was way too busy to dig through threads unless they were stitting on top! :D

In any event, I just replaced the main spring on our four Fletcher FrameMasters which is our standard fitting tool, and ran into my box of old tools. In there I found two if not three Elpha F-18/b] Drivers (Yes...School Bus Yellow). Make me an offer if you are interested.

John

MitchelC

MGF, Master Grumble Framer
I use Porter Cable US5872 Stapler with Senco staples. I have TWO and use both. Started using them about 12 years ago... in these 12 years, i only have a problem with ONE (oring). Very dependable. :thumbsup:

FrameReady Special Offer - Call 888-281-2202

John Ranes II CPF GCF

SGF, Supreme Grumble Framer
OK Mar,

Turns out that I have more than just two Elpha F18...

If anyone is interested, I am letting these go at $30.00 plus shipping. Send me a PM or Email if you have any interest. They are clean and in good working order. Three of the four have the rear black foot.

Regards,

John

caravalhox

Grumbler in Training
I'm going out on a limb on this one but I had just discovered your site. Are those elpa F 18 brad nailers still available? Thanks

FrameReady Special Offer - Call 888-281-2202