Eclipse problems

mbkadlec

Grumbler in Training
I installed the new software update from Eclipse. Now it will not allow the machine to initialize for cutting mats. I called Eclipse Support, The tech gave instructions to delete the older versions and reinstall new version. I did this and the same problem continued. Called Eclipse again on Friday and got the answering machine. No one returned my call and now I have a DEAD ECLIPSE! Does anyone know how to fix this? Does anyone know how to get help from ECLIPSE support?
I appreciate any assistance
Mike Kadlec
Woodland Art
Faribault, MN

Make sure you indicate the correct machine type when installing the new software. My records show that you have a 40x60 Eclipse "Classic". If you indicate anything other than "Classic" when prompted to identify your machine type it will give you problems such as the ones you are describing.

Simply re-install your software upgrade and indicate "Classic". Once installed, you will need to re-center your machine. Let me know if you need help with this function (very simple). If this does not solve your problem, please call me directly @ 800.972.8913 ext 111 or 801.573.0342 (cell.).

------------------
Mike Anglesey
www.eclipse-cmc.com
mikea@kaibab.com

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mbkadlec:
Called Eclipse again on Friday and got the answering machine. No one returned my call ...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here we are in a different timezone considering the Eclipse as a viable option for a CMC, this is a most useful piece of information.

Any advanced Eclipse users out there??

I'm having trouble creating designs in Adobe Illustrator, saving them in DXF format and importing to the Mat Cutter program. Theoretically this should be feasable since DXF is a file format theMat Cutter program can recognize.
Any ideas?

Thanks!

Nader

Welcome to The Grumble.

Hope you get some help here.

------------------
Dermot
"May you never forget what is worth remembering, or remember what is best forgotten"

Do you have AutoCAD LT 97 or QuickCAD? Once your design has been programmed in one of these software packages it can easily be imported into the Eclipse software.

If you would like further information regarding importing and exporting DXF files, call Chuck Terry, Eclipse Tech Support @ 800-972-8913 ext. 139.

Back