Eclipse Matwriter Version 3.0

SmallCorp Welded Aluminum Frames, Acrylic Cases, Frames

Leeannballard

Grumbler in Training
Business
Carole's Fine Art and Ephemera
Hello! I am a little embarrassed to admit I jointed the Picture Framers Grumble with a maybe easy or difficult question that I hope someone is kind enough to answer, as I have only assisted in my mother's framing shop for a short period of time. I am an antique and art collector, not a framer. My question is in regards to the Matwriter Eclipse Version 3.0 that is needing to be sold from my mother's estate due to age - she's 80. I am at a bit of a loss - she has suggested selling for only $150, I went ahead and listed it with great response. I am putting-off getting back to interested parties as I am feeling this is MUCH too low considering the original price for this. I do not know what the actual value of this CMC is - the computer and software being a 1990s old version still works, though I feel the computer is not going to last much longer. Is the value in the CMC itself? It seems to be in good condition. Those interested would probably know much more than me - my dear mother is not able to answer any questions about this, due to her age. She only has let me know that it does need a new air compressor and hoses. What would you professional framers be willing to pay for this? Thank you for any advice! LeeAnn

Register for the picture framer's grumble

MnSue

SGF, Supreme Grumble Framer
Business
Framing Solutions MN
Register for the picture framer's grumble
Hi Leeann

this post is most likely on the wrong area. repost it in the general forum...
That said it isn't a very sought after tool...or system...so even$150 may be too much...

Ylva

SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Hi Leeann, welcome to the G!
No need to be embarrassed for asking a legitimate question.

I have moved this to the commercial section of the G for now, so it hopefully will get a few more reactions. I can also move it to the framing equipment section and will see what the rest of the team thinks.

Keencut Ultimat Futura Precision Mat Cutter