dysfunctional mighty mounts

A. Gallery

Grumbler in Training
From
Maine
I am framing sets of the state quarters. The mighty mounts are a hair too big even though they are the "quarter size". I need to secure them a little better since right now they can spin with a little tilt of the frame. Does anyone have any suggestions of a tacking product that is reversible and safe to use with quarters?
Thanks.

[ 06-07-2004, 11:03 PM: Message edited by: A. Gallery ]

Rick Granick

SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
Resource Provider
From
Cincinnati, OH
Could you try applying a little heat (maybe with a shrink wrap gun or hair dryer), and then bending the Mighty-Mount slightly to get a tighter grip? Probably wouldn't take much adjustment (or heat).
:cool: Rick

Ron Eggers

SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
From
Wisconsin
Click on the "search" command toward the top center of this page (and most pages.)

I think the term "archives" is misleading. When I was new here, I wasted a lot of time looking for priceless information, lovingly stored and cataloged, perhaps on a separate sub-forum.

Turns out the archives are just a bunch of old threads that haven't been deleted yet.

There ARE so priceless treasures there, but you have to dig a little.

A. Gallery

Grumbler in Training
From
Maine
Thanks for the tips. Bending the arms worked well. The only thing to watch out for is that the quarters ended up being slightly crooked after bending the arms. I don't think it is enough to bother with though. Thanks again.