Double Head Saw Maintenance

Airpag Corner, packing solution for frame shipping

Dext

Grumbler in Training
Business
Source Of Knowledge Bookstore
I have a Pistorius Double Mitter Saw, model EMN 12. When I'm cutting a piece of wood, the frame is pulling away from my hand. What could be causing this problem? Also, I checked the down cycle speed, changed the blade and it still didn't fix the problem. Can I get some help on what to do next or where to go to get some help?

alacrity8

SGF, Supreme Grumble Framer
Forum Donor
Is this a recently developed problem?
Have you been using the saw for long, or are you new to it?

Backwards blades is a good thought.
Lack of a chip breaker might also cause some twisting problems.

Upvote 0

framah

PFG, Picture Framing God
Business
death star driver
A dull blade might also cause it. When they're sharp, they almost melt thru the wood... I know as i just put a newly sharpened set onto my Pistorius yesterday!!

Upvote 0

Westfall Framing

Grumbler in Training
Business
Westfall Framing
When you say changed the blade, do you mean a new blade or just a different blade? Sharp blades make a world of difference. I have had a piece of hardwood slam into my blade bad enough to ruin the blade. I would invest in a good set of blades and make sure that they are properly installed, before I would attempt any adjustments.

Upvote 0

Dext

Grumbler in Training
Business
Source Of Knowledge Bookstore
When I use my Pistorius Double Mitter Saw, model EMN12, to cut the molding the dust comes back to the top. Also, the blade grides on the wood when released. Please assist with any information you may have to stop this from happening. Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0
Keencut Ultimat Futura Precision Mat Cutter

Larry Peterson

PFG, Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
Resource Provider
A dull blade might also cause it. When they're sharp, they almost melt thru the wood... I know as i just put a newly sharpened set onto my Pistorius yesterday!!

Ahh, the feel of a freshly sharpened blade melting through the wood. I know the feeling.

Upvote 0

Westfall Framing

Grumbler in Training
Business
Westfall Framing
Register for the picture framer's grumble
When I use my Pistorius Double Mitter Saw, model EMN12, to cut the molding the dust comes back to the top. Also, the blade grides on the wood when released. Please assist with any information you may have to stop this from happening. Thanks in advance!
I made a cut a lid from a piece of clear acrylic and just used tape to affix it to the top of the saw to stop the dust, but still allow me to see in.
As far as the blade dragging, are you using clamps or just holding the moulding?

Upvote 0

alacrity8

SGF, Supreme Grumble Framer
Forum Donor
Are you new to using this saw, or is this a new problem on a long time saw.

The dust coming to the top is an interesting problem.
As the blades spin downwards toward the moulding, the dust should be going in that direction.
A very odd thought is, are the motors somehow spinning backwards?
If this is a recently installed machine, and some wires were swapped, theoretically that could happen.

As for the blade grinding on the wood when released.
If you mean after you have stepped off if the foot pedal, I would guess that the moulding is not being held in place firmly enough.
If the moulding has a slight warp (or worse) the moulding needs to be held firmly in place while the blades return to starting position.

Upvote 0
Register for the picture framer's grumble
SmallCorp Welded Aluminum Frames, Acrylic Cases, Frames