Does this look scammy?

Rick Granick

SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
Resource Provider
I got this email this morning. Thinking I should just trash it. Whaddaya think?

Screenshots:

Screen Shot 2023-01-01 at 11.33.21 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-01 at 11.31.34 AM.png

The key word is "attached". Unless you utterly trust the person sending the email with your first born, NEVER, EVER click on an "Attached". So scammy even my grandmother, dead all these many years, would run away screaming.

Did you register for a class action lawsuit? Often those come by paypal.

It does look scammy. Id look at the headers/raw message to see if it has some random gmail account and where it really seems to be from.

Unless you have some business with the sender my money would be on "SCAM"

Most legitimate and important legal documents are sent by certified snail mail or delivered by couriers with a signature required on an official receipt.

Like Mike said, it looks like one of those class action suits. Like ATT had last year
If you filled out any forms for that, or reported anything, this might be legit.

It does look like scam to me, especially if you don't know the sender. I believe in those class action suits, there is more information in the message they send.

I know nothing.

But what little I do know is that very legitimate companies (my bank and health insurance providers in particular) like to send me emails with nothing in them. I have to first Open the email, then click on a link, sign into my Office 365 account (thankfully, I have one - not sure what people without one do) and then read the email. Here's one I got today:

Header:

1672774248081.png

After Opening (and signing in):
1672774293620.png

The actual message:

1672774338914.png

I mean, what kind of sensitive information is in that email that it couldn't be send by postcard in the USPS?!!

Back