SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
From
Edwardsburg, MI
Post a picture...and a big WELCOME to the Grumble! :cool:

Bob Doyle

From
South Berwick, Maine
I have NOTHING (heheee) like it in my shop!

Welcome to the grumble, sorry for being sarcastic on your first post!

CAframer

SGF, Supreme Grumble Framer
From
Orange County, CA
Ah .. it's the same one that I sold to the Emperor ... must have been about the same time he bought all those new clothes.

smitten

CGF II, Certified Grumble Framer Level 2
From
new england
What are it's dimensions etc. I think I recognize it but what I have in mind is big.

Bob Doyle

From
South Berwick, Maine
SMittten, you can use the bag in the background as a reference. It looks like one of the PBS bags you get when you donate!

If so then that moulding is HUGE!

Emibub

PFG, Picture Framing God
From
Centennial, CO, USA
I have what appears to be the exact moulding. It's only description is "Dark Plum Panel". Not sure who makes it, I think it is one of those "Indonesian" woods. I get it from a local distributor, ABC Moulding, and they sell it for $5.54 length and $9.97 chop. The moulding number is #9769 and it does measure 4.25 inches.

Hope this helps.

Baer Charlton

From
On FB
Kathy, I racked my brain all night and day, knowing that I knew, and had used that moulding...

This evening I was going through some old papers and the logo of ABC came out... and I just knew...

Being so excited, I fired up the computer, jumped on the grumble.....

and you had beat me to it.

I love when that happens. Now I can post that picture I didn't take... :D

yeah, always stuck in my mind because the HIGHLIGHTS are plum but the panel is dang near black. Great frame. except no depth under the lip.... maybe 1/2" if that.

aaafig

Grumbler in Training
From
phoenix
Thanks everyone. Now, I called ABC and they claim they have no such moulding. I gave them the #9769, but they do not recognize it. Do you know who the manufacturer is (Roma, La Marche)?

Thanks

Emibub

PFG, Picture Framing God
From
Centennial, CO, USA
There must be more than one ABC Moulding, I just called them and they said they had 1,400 feet in stock. They are in Colorado. phone# is 303-343-0041.