• Welcome! You will have to REGISTER a free account, before you can access the system. If you already registered, please LOG IN. (top right)
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. If you have questions, feel free to click the CONTACT US link at the bottom of this page.
Beauty, Brawn, and Brains: Wizard Z1 CMC

Wanted Documentation for Hendrixson Head / Mat Cutter

ConservArt

Grumbler in Training
Does anyone have in the way of documentation for the Hendrixson Head / Cutter?

I have the original patent files in case anyone wants want them including the patent drawings and will email it upon request.

I have two Hendrixson Heads but lost the Manuals and but both of the heads are stuck in the cutting (down) position. I don't want to use brute force to turn any screws that are not supposed to be turned.

I'd appreciate and information anyone may have.

mailto:george@conservart.com
text/call 561-206-4406

Jeff Rodier

SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
As I recall the brass sleeve on the pivoting head has a pin in the center. While pushing the head down into the mat the outer sleeve around the pin pulls out a bit and allows the locking pin to release. Its been close to 30 years since I've used it so it could also be a twist of the sleeve. If you post a photo it will jog my memory.

ConservArt

Grumbler in Training
As I recall the brass sleeve on the pivoting head has a pin in the center. While pushing the head down into the mat the outer sleeve around the pin pulls out a bit and allows the locking pin to release. Its been close to 30 years since I've used it so it could also be a twist of the sleeve. If you post a photo it will jog my memory.
Thanks Jeff,
You have a good memory. I now own a manual through the generous efforts of Wally Faye and Helmut Zitzwitz. Wally saw my post and contacted me offering to inquire around and Helmut took the trouble and scanned the manual he had for his Hendrixson head.
I was delighted to receive the scan and promptly converted the page images to pdf format and put them through optical character recognition to make the texts search-able. This made my research much easier and found the solution on page 45.
It remains to be seen if I can actually do what Bob prescribed and if it resolves my problem. Stay tuned.

In the interim, Here is the link to the Hendrixson Manual
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sp7sxzxkmjdhnbo/Hendrixson Manual Opt.pdf?dl=0
and to the original patent documents for the cutting head
http://brevets-patents.ic.gc.ca/opic-cipo/cpd/eng/patent/1176557/summary.html
should anyone need it. I don't think there are any copyright issues, but anyone downloading the information does so at their own risk and by downloading undertakes to hold me harmless of any third party litigation. Etc., etc., blah, bla, bla.

Happy New Year to all, George

LifeSaver Cloud from LifeSaver Software, Inc.