• Welcome! You will have to REGISTER a free account, before you can access the system. If you already registered, please LOG IN. (top right)
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. If you have questions, feel free to click the CONTACT US link at the bottom of this page.

Do Perma-Lon release boards still exist? Best alternative?

Direct Contact Overlays DCO Book by James Miller

Miles Weaver

True Grumbler
Business
Miles Weaver Photography
Looking for recommended methods for dry mounting inkjet photos. I have a Seal Masterpiece 500T-X press. I have seen great reviews for Kool Tack boards and Perma-Lon release boards which eliminate the "orange peel" effect. Based on my research, it seems that Perma-Lon release boards were discontinued a 8+ years ago and Kool Tack never brought them back. Does anyone still use Perma-Lon release boards? Is there anywhere to buy them still? Has anything replaced Perma-Lon release boards as the best option for dry mounting photos? Thanks in advance.

Jim Miller

SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
Permalon release boards were a great idea, and I used them in multiple sizes. According to Kool Tack's "Mr. Wizard", Len Lastuck, they were difficult and costly to produce. Since they were discontinued, every time I've asked him about this product, he has said he's still working on it, but nothing yet...
:shrug:

Direct Contact Overlays DCO Book by James Miller