Deep thoughts......

Jay H

PFG, Picture Framing God
It would be really nice if the “raised” threads on Bainbridge’s silk mats were square with the matboard. :D

I think we decided those were called "slubs" or "nubs" or something equally silly.

I usually cut silks on a distinct diagonal so it looks intentional. I warn the customer about this, and if they question the wisdom, I tell them I am a picture framing god.

Here are a couple for ya......

One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. "Oh, no," I said. "Disneyland burned down." He cried and cried, but I think that deep down, he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.

If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink.

Wow, for a second there I thought I was on Warped.
kaffeetrinker_2.gif
Rick

Originally posted by Lance E:
want want want...

How do you keep a framer happy?
Try having a BB do all his work for him?!?
smileyshot22.gif

Framerguy

BB, is that Big Bird from Seasame Street? Watch out for the Yellow goobers when doing final assembly...

If I ever get real rich, I hope I'm not real mean to poor people, like I am now.

When you go in for a job interview, I think a good thing to ask is if they ever press charges.

Yep, I'm pretty sure we are on warped.

Kathy, you are too much. The best kind of too much.

Jay, it would also be nice if matboards were square. I don't care what y'all might say to convince me otherwise, I square 'em up b4 cutting.

I square 'em up b4 cutting.
Now, see, this sort of OCD behavior is just too much! One should not ever discover the grain is crooked until final assembly, or perhaps even when it is QCed. It make the Quality Control people feel their work is useful...

These mats are expensive. I don't want to cut 2.5" off each side just to square it. Isn't there a stripped parchment mat? It comes squared perfectly.

Which is one reason why I prefer to do hand-wrapped fabric mats.

We had to do 140 pieces this August using Crescent Moorman cut with a reverse bevel. It was a nightmare because the threads were not straight.

Back