• Welcome! You will have to register a free account, before you can access the system. If you already registered, please LOG IN. (top right)
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. If you have questions, feel free to click CONTACT US link at the bottom of this page.
Donmar Creations

Decorative art trends

framer1

CGF, Certified Grumble Framer
What trends are you seeing in decorative art, subjects, mat colors and frames?

Ylva

SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
I think it depends a little on where you are.
Around here it is still distressed wood and sea/beach influence
Looking at the art I frame, not much different from 10 years ago. Ocean, ships, marshes, beaches, rocks

tedh

Good question for January/February.

1. People bringing in old pieces they've owned for decades, wanting them refreshed. This is the most dominant type of piece coming in.
2. Still selling simple blacks like Larson 210285, because people want simple and inexpensive. I go through boxes of this profile.
3. Classic subjects are still selling. The Monets and Van Goghs.
4. Art.com's quality is going from bad to worse.
5. With boomers retiring, many of them are turning to painting, and are framing their own works. Or framing their own photography.

I don't see any move to a particular colour, or a "herd mentality" wherein customers come in wanting a definite accent.

tedh

While we're on the subject, does anyone know where I can get a really good copy of Bierstadt's "Wolf River'?

Jack Richeson & Co

tedh

Holy Cow! Never knew of that site.

tedh

We gave up on that Bierstadt. Didn’t matter what we printed, the quality sucked. Customer ended up laminating their original sun-bleached print. Looked not bad.

Picture Framing Website www.framingengine.com
Picture Framing Website www.framingengine.com
;Added 5/9/20 MPL to disable rich text editor by default for IOS devices that have bug in browser