Cut-Out Metal Leaf

Shayla

WOW Framer
Forum Donor
A friend is coming in with this. Gift from family, and she'd like to display it another way. She's fine with a shadowbox, but also open to anything from hanging it by itself, to some other frame treatment. I'm tempted to hang it on the wall with a frame around it, but no glass. Any thoughts? It's copper and 8" wide.
framing copper gingko leaf.jpg

If you just do a frame and no glass, she might as well just hang this on the wall as is?

I would probably do a shadowbox, a little bigger than this and hang it from fishline with an invisible hook (I find that hook terribly distracting
If using fabric matboard, then glass.
Or paint a background with a stylistic kind of tree and have this hang from a 'branch'

Or if not paintery, :) find a nice looking branch to hang this from, in a shadow box. There are these cool looking root like branches which might work. Or some nice driftwood or something

Quote,
I'm tempted to hang it on the wall with a frame around it, but no glass. Any thoughts? It's copper and 8" wide.

One thought, battery operated LED lighting with built in switch. Like the light boxes Larson had and maybe still does.
The Light Box shown was a sample offered by Larson for $30.00, it's opening happens to be 8x8. The bust is of my lovely wife, done by a street artist at the Venetian hotel when we attended the last WCAFS in Vegas.

1617845564605.png
1617845589839.png

One thought, battery operated LED lighting with built in switch. Like the light boxes Larson had and maybe still does.
The Light Box shown was a sample offered by Larson for $30.00, it's opening happens to be 8x8. The bust is of my lovely wife, done by a street artist at the Venetian hotel when we attended the last WCAFS in Vegas.
The light reflections of the copper art piece could be very eye-catching.

Larson Juhl discontinued those long ago. At least in Canada.

I liked them.
I have one of each size in storage, plus the display.
The idea is neat, but for some reason, I couldn't sell them.
I'm going to use them for my own personal projects (some day).

I did one project with a large metal medallion and a plaque below it, looked great with the LED highlights.

Back