• Welcome! You will have to REGISTER a free account, before you can access the system. If you already registered, please LOG IN. (top right)
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. If you have questions, feel free to click the CONTACT US link at the bottom of this page.
LifeSaver Cloud from LifeSaver Software, Inc.

Current Status of Framing Suppliers currently re-opened/operating (expired resource) [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Waldmann

SGF, Supreme Grumble Framer
Forum Donor
Featured Vendor
David Waldmann submitted a new resource:

List of Suppliers open during COVID-19 pandemic - COVID-19 Supplier List

As has been noted, a lot of suppliers are closed. Many shops are too, but the ones that have been able to find ways to stay open are having trouble finding a place to get supplies for the orders they’re able to get. To try and help close the gap, we have polled the 38 suppliers who are listed in the PFM Annual Directory under the “Moulding” category on the assumption that all the primary suppliers carry at least moulding.

Here is a list of those that have confirmed they are open and...
Read more about this resource...

David Waldmann

Forum Donor
Featured Vendor
FYI this is a new feature that Mike is testing out. It allows one to add new versions of resources, rather than adding replies or new posts, keeping things much cleaner. Click on Download button on the Right side - that will give you the current version. You can also click on the History link towards the Left side if you want to see older versions.

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
If you are aware of any other vendors operating, please post the info here so David can include it in a future update.

The DOWNLOAD button on the top right will always offer the newest revision, and we set it up so anyone can download this resource - even if they are not signed in or registered on the forum.

If sharing this resource, feel free to use these:

For the discussion and download:

For the overview and download:

wvframer

Humble Picture Framer
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
That is just too cool for words! You guys are scholars and gentlemen. The world needs more like you!

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
Some others:
-Turner Associates is open and shipping from VA
-Decor Moulding is open and shipping, from Atlanta only
-CMI Houston, TX and Burtonsville, MD locations
-Gemini (someone reported it open yesterday on a FB blog)
-Evald (someone reported it open yesterday on a FB blog)
-Frameworks. Wichita KS. 800-633-5519
-Shenandoah
-Superior Mnpls only, limited basis

Last edited:

David Waldmann

Forum Donor
Featured Vendor
Thanks I will be updating additions on a (week-) daily basis.

Terry Hart cpf

Not sure why I can't find the list? The link just seems to take me to a reply to a post.

Donmar Creations

wvframer

Humble Picture Framer
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Follow the link. When you get to the page, there is an orange/red button on the right that says "download." Click on that and it will download the latest version of the list. It is still being updated almost daily, so check back frequently.

If it still doesn't work, use the help button. (help@thegrumble.com)

framah

PFG, Picture Framing God
Sort of a moot point if you are closed because you are not an essential business.

I was lucky that Presto was still shipping last week so I could finish a job that needed mouldiing I was going to get from Don Mar till they closed.
How many of you are still open?

nikodeumus

MGF, Master Grumble Framer
Still working on the backlog of orders, as long as legally allowed to work.
I'm closed to the public, have not taken new orders for over 2 weeks.

I'm pretty sure I have all the supplies I need for these jobs.
Jobs that are finished are paid over the phone or by e-Transfer.
Customers can pick up outside of the store, or we can make delivery arrangements.
This will give me a trickle of income during the coming weeks/months.

After I use up the supplies I have, I'll just work on other non-customer based tasks.
I don't know if any of the suppliers on your list supply to Canada, or whether the additional exchange rate and shipping charges would be worth it.

David Waldmann

Forum Donor
Featured Vendor
Sort of a moot point if you are closed because you are not an essential business.
Every state or region may be different. In Vermont (and a lot of people IN Vermont are confused about this) the first question is NOT "Are you an essential business?".

The first question is "Do or can you work without conducting in-person business?". If No, then you ask the essential business question. HOWEVER if the answer is Yes, you are allowed to continue operating, as long as you comply with CDC and Vt Dept of Health guidelines.

We have several customers that are doing framing by having people drop art off at the door, design and email pics, do the job, and reverse the process. All with no contact and very safe as long as sanitation processes are observed.

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
Thank you again, David. This is super important for those who are still able to safely be open - or to work on past orders with the doors locked.

We are locked down at home presently, but I'm sure this information is invaluable to many others.

Ylva

SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
I think how VT approaches it, makes more sense. I’m home. A few orders left, but no one wants to pick up now, so no hurry.
I had an order for LJ. Mostly glass. Will have to wait for now

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
Thank you!

framah

PFG, Picture Framing God
In case no one knows it yet, Roma is also open tho working on a skeleton crew so orders may take a bit longer to go out.
Their New Jersey warehouse IS open.
Good news for me as I have one piece in here for a chop and 2 very large panels due to come in needing Roma length.

YAY!!! Money can still come thru my door once again.

Espcecially seeing as how the odds of ever actually getting any of that fed money seems slim.

shayla

WOW Framer
Forum Donor
Those still ordering supplies might want to consider home delivery. One supplier not on this list is closed, but shipping on a limited basis.
They've had so many frames have come back as undelivered that they'll only ship to homes for now.

Picture framers only resource

David Waldmann

Forum Donor
Featured Vendor
Thankfully we've only had one returned package so far.

We do have several orders that were ready to go and got put on hold, and we do have a good number of customers asking to ship to their home.

TownL7

True Grumbler
Studio Moulding is answering phones M-F 11 a.m. - 6 p.m. EST. Studio is shipping box orders out of L.A., lead times can vary. Call for details.

David Waldmann

Forum Donor
Featured Vendor
I would need direct notice from someone at Studio, as this is their current COVID-19 update:
Screenshot 2020-04-17 08.59.43.png

Larry Peterson

PFG, Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
Resource Provider
For the United Manufacturing entry, it should be amended to included that orders via email are also accepted. I just placed an order this morning via email for acrylic which can't be ordered via their website.

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
Jack Carpenter passed this along today...
I’m an Independent Sales Rep in the North East and am wondering if you wouldn’t mind adding a few more Suppliers to your “OPEN” List.
ROMA MOULDING M-F 9:30-6
WESLEY ALLEN M-F 10-5
TURNER MOULDING M-F 9-5
Thank you again
Jack Carpenter

David Waldmann

Forum Donor
Featured Vendor
Roma and Turner have been on the list for a while. I will check out Wesley Allen.

Thanks

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
I believe LJ plans to re-open their Chicago WH on Friday, for full box moulding orders only, sent via freight. To receive shipments, I believe you have to be in a state where non essential/non critical businesses can legally be open. (such as TX, CO, and parts of GA - so far) I believe chops will be next after that, with a full re-opening in 1-2 months.

I have this in my notes from attending LJ's webinar today, and hopefully understood correctly.

You can get clarification/confirmation from drose@larsonjuhl.com, if needed.

Rian Fabrication Services  www.rianfabrication.com

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
Thank you!

Larry Peterson

PFG, Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
Resource Provider
Unfortunately, the list this morning is blank.

David Waldmann

Forum Donor
Featured Vendor

David Waldmann

Forum Donor
Featured Vendor
I am looking forward to that! (And thank you for the order, Alain told me)
Just waiting for the "official" files and decide what we want to order. Feel great that we can help a fellow framer even if in a bit "sideways" transaction.
:beer:

Picture framers only resource

David Waldmann

Forum Donor
Featured Vendor

framah

PFG, Picture Framing God
I called Presto the other day to order some length to do one frame and they said that they are chopping their moulding now to help while DonMar is closed.
So, if you used to get presto moulding from DonMar, give Presto a call.

Remember, all of these places are most likely running on a skeleton crew so orders may take a bit more time to get out.

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
I believe Houston is, too

From just over 2 hours ago on their page:
1588285223192.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vermont Hardwoods solid wood picture frame molding