Crescent Digital Art Paper

Framar

WOW Framer
Buffalo, New York, USA/Fort Erie, Ontario, Canada
I have been searching for a nicer grade of paper to print my stuff onto. Better than Office Box paper. I recently noticed that my Crescent distributor was carrying this paper - got some samples today.

Then I went to the Crescent website to download the printing info. Now I am scared. The info available was for much more professional printers than mine. I have an Epson 777. I LOVE this printer - it works great!

But has anyone used this paper, on, shall we say, LESS than professional grade printers?

Are we talking pearls and swine here???

What I am printing is photographic based digital artworks of my own for my own use and maybe someday someone will buy one! I also frame these prints for shop samples.

I haven't printed anything on the three types of samples yet - I am pretty sure the velvet and the satin will go through my printer - the watercolor paper seems kinda thick.

Also: I have no interest whatsoever (at this time) in being able to print anything any larger than an 8 x 10! Most of the image sizes are less than 6 x 6 (INCHES!).

Thanks!!! Any info or experiences appreciated (as usual!)

Framar--

I'm not familiar with the Crescent paper (I'll have to try some). However, here's an option that might be worth looking into. I use Ilford Gallerie professional paper on several different epson printers. The Pearl and smooth gloss surfaces seem to work well with all of the epson inks.

the buz on some of the photo sites is that the Kirkland "house" brand at Sam's club is actually Ilford paper. Per sheet price is very low, I think around $.30. Haven't tried it yet, but I intend to.

I use the Crescent Velvet Finish 100% Cotton Rag digital paper for some of my work printed on the Epson 2200. It is not as bright white as some other papers but has a nice finish. My distributor told me he'd be happy to sell me the paper if I bought huge quantities. Sometimes I go to www.digitalartsupplies.com where I have gotten decent deals on smaller quantities. Lots to learn about papers and profiles etc. at that website.

Well - I just tried the Crescent papers in my cheap little Epson printer. Unfortunately I think the Watercolor paper is TOO THICK to go through this printer, so I didn't even try!

Also unfortunately, not knowing how to set for paper, on the Satin I set for "heavyweight matte" which was a HUGE MISTAKE!

HOWEVER, when I printed on the VELVET, I set the printer for Premium Glossy Photo Paper and OH! MY! GOODNESS!!! What a terrific print! The colors are SO saturated and, well, velvety!!!

I am HUGELY impressed - too bad I can't afford an $800 Epson 2200 - that printer has individual color ink cartridges and THREE shades of BLACK!!! WOW!!!

This Crescent paper is absolutely gorgeous and I cannot wait for my distributor to deliver it to me - TOMORROW!!!!!

Doug - is that the same thing as Digital Art Paper??? Fine Art Paper may be, like pastel or ink substrates for artists.

Lordy I hope they don't discontinue this Digital Art Paper - it is simply scrumptious!!!

Back