• Welcome! You will have to REGISTER a free account, before you can access the system. If you already registered, please LOG IN. (top right)
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. If you have questions, feel free to click the CONTACT US link at the bottom of this page.

Creating Inserts for Jersey Sleeves

Hoffmann Dovetail Joining System

cherronLF

Grumbler
Business
Legit Framing
Afternoon. Been framing jerseys for over a year now and I still have issues creating the inserts for the sleeves. My biggest issue is accounting for the excess material towards the top of the sleeve where it meets with the seam. Some sleeve inserts I have tried to create half ovals to help account for the excess material but making an oval is difficult. The other option is to cut a diamond/home plate shape but the top part is sometimes not wide enough to help with the excess.

Any tips or tricks to making these insert shapes would be greatly appreciated.

May need to use my girlfriend's Cricut to cut out the basic template of an oval then trace it onto the mat or foam board. Here are a few examples of how I have struggled through this process.

Attachments

• b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 12
  • s1.jpg
    s1.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 12

cherronLF

Grumbler
Business
Legit Framing
(i only insert on the body - not sleeves...)
Thank you for your reply. There are some sleeves that wont need an insert to look good. My only concern is when the sleeves hang over the side of the main insert they may not look great in the frame.

LifeSaver Cloud from LifeSaver Software, Inc.