Congratulations Baer

elsa

CGF II, Certified Grumble Framer Level 2
Congratulations on the awards you won at the EPFG Education fair!
Unfortunatly the pictures in the newsletter were not very good, sure would like to see some of the detail it spoke of. Would you mind sharing with us?

Elsa

EEski02.jpg

Does this help Elsa?

I am in AWE!!!!

Absolutly lovely!!

Thank you

Elsa

Congratulations, Baer. It is gorgeous!

Paul, the art is only indiginous to a couple of tribes on Vancouver Island, not Alaska. When you see this stuff in Alaska, it has a little sticker attached that says Made in PRC or Made in Taiwan, and it's on a jacket or t-shirt.

No Jim. The mat is mine. 24-ply solid core black rag, with a vinyl mask that is cut and layed before you cut the mat with a utility knife. Note the matching artwork on the frame.

Thanks all.

What? Not micro-etched sandblasted granito broulette fillegre? How was the masking created/cut? It looks great! Is it the same type mask on the frame or is that done differently?

Baer,

I have often said it would be fun to be able to crawl into the creative mind of certain people and see what the thought process is as they arrive at a wonderful finished product. I salute you and add you to my list of minds in which to crawl.
Wally

Baer,

I'm not sure I understand how this project was done - could you give a few more details? Thanks.

The mask is just vinyl mask that is pressure sensetive and used for signage. It cuts nice with a #14 X-acto knife.

Draw out your design, cut [careful not to cut the carrier paper], weed [remove] the waste leaving the image you want, rub down a sticky transfer paper to the face and carefully peel off the carrier paper.

Align the mask where you want it, and squeegie down then remove the transfer paper and you're done.

It's the lineing the rabit with barrier tape that is the pain in the glutious maximus.

Wally, trust me when I say, you wouldn't want to go there.

I wasn't going to do this piece, then as I was sitting there, the done frame job popped into my head complete. I even knew how to do it. I just had to make the hand follow the mind..... not the easiest of jobs on even a good day.

Same mask on the frame as on the rag mat, Terry.

Well it sure looks nice. I think I'd like to do the tank on my motorcycle like that.... Just have to buy a motorcycle first.

Terry, if we had eggs with could have steak and eggs if we had steak?

Its how I have my tank done. And the beauty about a zen scooter, is the fact that there is no zen rust or dirt. It always looks so phat sexy. :D

Are you all actually seeing a picture in this topic?

I don't see a picture or even a link to one.

It may be a zen picture. If you have to look for it, it isn't there.

Just checked Jo... it's still there.

But then, we are all using computers instead of Ifruit. :D Just kidding.

Sometimes if I go on line at work through our MSN, it will block certain obscene pictures. There was an article the other day that had a picture of "W" addressing a graduating class... only the place holder was there.. really funny.

Back