CMC free form shape help needed

Rozmataz

SGF, Supreme Grumble Framer
From
Fingerlakes Region of NYS
I have a really interesting project in house but need some help with the wizard.

I utilize a vendor to do some more difficult or oversize cmc work. What I have to work on now is a shape that is a "Flying V" guitar!!

I would do this myself but I have designed it with 2 mats and don't think I can figure out how to cut a double mat with this odd shape!!

Since I do not have the Wizard software, I have no idea if this can be done simply or not? The form has some curves that can be made straight - as it is just a fun thing and I am not doing the entire guitar shape... just the base and a short portion of the neck.

I am also cutting a circle out adjacent to this guitar shape.

Thanks for any help!!

Roz

mrframe

Grumbler in Training
From
Toronto
If you cant find a solution to your cuts, our machine can do it, but its not a wizard. If there is a Gunnar machine around somewhere, we can email you the cutting file and someone can cut it for you. email me at mrframe@bellnet.ca

WizSteve

MGF, Master Grumble Framer
From
Mukilteo, WA USA
Hi Roz, how about something like this:

flyv.jpg

It's all straight lines so it should cut pretty small..

Rozmataz

SGF, Supreme Grumble Framer
From
Fingerlakes Region of NYS
Oooo, Steve... that is in the correct direction!!

I have this in a horizontal format; with the guitar angled about the same as if you would be holding it to play... but not showing all the neck - only about 5-6" (on the full layout size)

And the right to left dimension is approx 28-29" and top to bottom about 15-16"... the width of the neck is also exagerated so it is about 3" wide (not necessarily proportionate)...

I would post a picture but don't know how to do that yet.

Thanks, Roz

WizSteve

MGF, Master Grumble Framer
From
Mukilteo, WA USA
See if you can draw it out in a paint program or scan a paper drawing and email it to me.. if you're cutting the guitar larger I have another version with curves. The shape can be rotated 360 degrees and it'd be no big deal to quickly make it a two layer mat.

Then you just need to find someone to cut it for you..