• Welcome to the largest and friendlest resource for picture framers! Please LOG IN or REGISTER a free account.
    Once logged in, you will be able to SEARCH our archives.
    Forget your password? Click here to RESET PASSWORD Trouble? Click the CONTACT US link.

Chromagenic prints

I may be mistaken, but I believe that a "Chromagenic Light Jet Print" is an inkjet print made from an "iris" printer or an Epson using UC inks. Whereas, the ChromOgenic or ChromEgenic (I've seen it spelled both ways) are "C" prints (photographic processed prints made directly from a transparency - without an interneg)
C-prints are made from a neg... Type R's are made direct froma slide. Well... at least it still was when I left the business twelve years ago. I've never heard of the Chromogenic ones.