• Welcome! You will have to REGISTER a free account, before you can access the system. If you already registered, please LOG IN. (top right)
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. If you have questions, feel free to click the CONTACT US link at the bottom of this page.

Cheap Camera System/Solution

FrameReady Special Offer - Call 888-281-2202

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Business
Get The Picture
GEEK TIP: Poor framer's security system solution:

I have installed or recommended almost a dozen of these for friends/clients, and you just can't beat the price. (a friend to watch 4 locations in his restaurant, a friend with a couple cams in her home to watch the dog while at work, some framing friends to watch their shops during the covid downtime, etc)

If you want to "keep an eye" on your business while away, you can put one of these in and it will connect to your shop's wifi. It can be placed on a flat surface, or wall mounted. Using a smartphone or tablet, you can remotely control the camera and view footage. It has a high definition view with audio, can optionally notify you of motion, and is also motorized. (you can move the camera up/down/left/right and zoom) It also has night vision. The software can manage 4 of these at once.

$29.99
Video:

Easy to install. Just put the app on your phone/tablet, plug it in, answer some questions about wifi, and put the app screen in front of the camera to activate. Optional monthly fee if you want to be able to look back at previous footage, but there is a free period of at least a month. Otherwise, it is always free for live viewing.

Info and to get one:
Amazon product
Mike

wvframer

SGF, Supreme Grumble Framer
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Rest In Peace
What a great thing! This is so inexpensive you could keep it on the shelf for when you might need it. And it is perfect for those who don't live close to their shop. Point one at where mail and deliveries come and another at the doors and you can check in anytime.

I have a pretty good 8 camera system that covers my perimeter and showroom. But can think of lots of time I might want to point one at my printer or other specific areas of the shop.

Thanks for posting this!

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Business
Get The Picture
We have a nice 8 camera system also, but you sure can't beat the price on this one. It gives similar results for next to nothing, and could be handy right now for people away from their shops temporarily.

wpfay

Comfort Badger
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Business
Sunshine Frames
Mike, does that work without having Alexa?

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Business
Get The Picture
Yea the Alexa part is optional, and only applies to the Alexas that have video screens.

Vermont Hardwoods solid wood picture frame molding

wvframer

Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Rest In Peace
Is there a similar camera that can be outside?

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Business
Get The Picture
I believe this is the outdoor equivalent, but I havent used it personally.

Keep in mind that all cameras will require power. (a wire to a plug/transformer)

I have installed solar based wifi systems, but they tend to run out of power after 5 or 6 hours, and are even worse on a cloudy day. I don't recommend the solar type, for this reason.

wvframer

Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Rest In Peace
Did I miss the link?

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Business
Get The Picture

wvframer

Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Rest In Peace
Since it is 12 volt, could the transformer be inside and low voltage wire run to the camera? I wish I had paid more attention in my science classes,

Direct Contact Overlays DCO Book by James Miller

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Business
Get The Picture
Absolutely. From the pic it looks like it'll take a 12v plug or even an ethernet cable to be powered by a POE (power over ethernet) switch. It's almost certain that it comes with the power supply.

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Business
Get The Picture
Just out of curiosity, did any of you end up ordering this camera I posted when the Covid close down started?

Amazon product
If so, how did it work out for you?

Mike

Rian Fabrication Services  www.rianfabrication.com