• Welcome! You will have to REGISTER a free account, before you can access the system. If you already registered, please LOG IN. (top right)
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. If you have questions, feel free to click the CONTACT US link at the bottom of this page.
Vermont Hardwoods solid wood picture frame molding

Cassese pneumatic underpinner

Jim Miller

SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
HELP!
I have been asked to assess an old Cassese pneumatic underpinner, but it's unlike any I have seen before. It's dirty and unused for several years, but owner thinks it should still work after cleaning and adjusting.

Here's what the nameplate says:

Type 276
brevet 75.22814
Serie P870

Any clues about its age or value? Owner may decide to sell it.

Jim Miller

Forum Donor
Thanks, Wally. I hadn't thought if calling Steve, but that's a great idea. That CS276E seems too elaborate for this machine, but Mike Labbe sent me a manual for the CS276D, which looks a lot more like it.

We can always count on Grumblers for help in a pinch.
:thumbsup:

Jim Miller

Forum Donor
The consensus is that this machine is too old to be worth clean-up and whatever repairs may be needed. So, I'll recommend scrapping it.

...Unless someone would like it for parts. Any takers? It's in central Ohio. Come and get it for free, or pay only for packing/shipping. But respond quickly - before it goes into the dumpster.

Vermont Hardwoods solid wood picture frame molding