Question Can i made good wood frame using Table saw?

cheonmu

Grumbler in Training
Business
Selling artwork
Hi,

I run a small business in Korea that sells painting.

I sell paintings at various price range, but cheap paintings (under $1,000) only accept art canvas by delivary.

And then,

If i need to framing, i will give it to Framer.
If not i will wrap canvas to frame (stretcherBar) provided from Framer.

But that stretcher bar is not a normal frame you think.

Frame is made by Meranti wood stick and wood stick size is 2,8cm(1.1") x 2.8cm(1.1") and There is a slight rounded.

sssssss.jpg

Usually, we uses this wood when buliding or interior as Frame in S.Korea.

I'd like to get away from this supplier and try to build a slightly better quality frame myself.

Fortunately, I'm not an expert, but I have some knowledge and equipment in wood working.

If I buy Table saw and Sled or Miter gague, can I make a better quality frame than this?

And bst wishes for a Happy New Year!

wpfay

Comfort Badger
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Business
Sunshine Frames
The short answer is yes, you can make your own frame moulding with a table saw, but it isn't as easy as it sounds, and you will need more than a table saw to make what those pictures show.
The pieces in these photos used several different machines to get to that shape and finish.

A jointer plane is used to straighten the edge of the raw timber, and in some cases, flatten one side of the face of the board.
A thickness (finishing) plane is used to mill the wood to the finished dimensions. This is evident from the "chatter" marks in the upper rail of the first photo.
A table saw is used to rip the boards into desired widths, and the thickness plane is used again to mill the pieces to their finished width.
A router table or spindle shaper is used to create the rounded edge.
A miter saw is used to cut the frames, though a sled on a table saw would also work.
An underpinner (V-nailer) is used to join the frames.

artfolio

SGF, Supreme Grumble Framer
If you can find a local framing supplier you would be able to buy the stretcher bar already machined to the correct shape then you would only have to cut and join it, stretch the canvas and fit the hanging hardware and, for that, a good quality table saw, some clamps and a nail gun would be sufficient. If you could find a second hand guillotine that would be better still.