Question C&H Glass cutting wheel

Lars

Grumbler in Training
Business
Van Uffelen Gallery & Picture Frami
Hi There,

Would someone be able to advice me where I can find a glass cutting wheel for an old 1980'S C&H oval cutter?

The glass cutting wheel is attached on the end of a 2.5 inch 'L' shaped stem.
Any advice would be appreciated.

If you have the stem, you should be able to take the wheel out of the little clip that holds it for use in wall cutters and replace it into the stem.
:cool: Rick

Upvote 0
ch.jpg

Here is the stem with the glass cutting wheel next to it.

Upvote 0
Right. Since you still have the stem, you can purchase new glass cutter wheels that come in little clips that are made to hold them in a wall-mounted cutter. They look like this:
s-l300.jpg

It is easy to remove the clip, and you should be able to install the wheel into your stem. These are sold in packages of 10 steel wheels, or 1 carbide wheel, from various framing suppliers, including International and Larson Juhl.

:cool: Rick

Upvote 0
Hi Rick,

Thanks for your reply.
Are you saying that the glass cutting wheel I require for the C&H Ovalmaster is essentially the same as a conventical glass cutting wheel used for other glass cutting machinery? So once the illustrated housing is off the remaining glass cutting wheel will fit into my stem?

Upvote 0
Hi Rick,

Thanks for your reply.
Are you saying that the glass cutting wheel I require for the C&H Ovalmaster is essentially the same as a conventical glass cutting wheel used for other glass cutting machinery? So once the illustrated housing is off the remaining glass cutting wheel will fit into my stem?
Yes, that is what he is saying.
Glass cutting wheels are essentially the same, with variance on angle and material.
As long as you have the housing (shown in your photo), just change the wheel.

Upvote 0
Thanks Guys.
After looking everywhere this almost seems too simple to be true! Would anyone be able to refresh my memory as to how the spring thing fits back onto the stem and glass cutting wheel?

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
The diameter of the wheel and the size of the arbor can vary. It's best to match these sizes for best results. The grind on the wheels also have different degrees of bevel, depending on the kind of glass being cut.
The C.R. Laurence Co is a good source for all things related to working with glass.
Here's carbide glass cutter wheels by the dozen:

...and here's the link to all the replacement wheels on their site.

Upvote 0
Back