Bury Me With Books

Philliam Phulgor

CGF II, Certified Grumble Framer Level 2
Here is a frame a young customer and I designed for her. She is into tech and lots of things I'm to old to get and way above my brain grade but she's full of fun energy and we brainstormed to come up with this. Not my best camera phone work, but...
Matted size is a bit more than 13 x16. Narrow Artique 8-ply Night.
Outer frame is LJ Sofia Iron Ornate Reverse.
Next is a fillet: LJ Gramercy Silver.
Inner frame is a Direct Moulding: IKI Stretch Black.
Museum Glass protects.

upload_2018-2-2_0-56-25.png

She has it hung above her stacks of favorite books.

This is awesome!

So cool.

Very nice. All about the texture. Really carries through the mood of the art.
:cool: Rick
Thank you, Rick.
We were both quite giddy when the creation was unwrapped and revealed. Now, a 20-something young lady getting giddy is quite acceptable. A 65 y.o. framer, well, that's a horse of a different color.
But, hey, we also did the fist bump, high five thing and said phrases like, "Nailed it!"

Like all of us out here in the frame world landscape, getting to put your design skills to work, doing the frame "whisperer" thing is a wonderful feeling.
That my customer was actively involved in every step of the design process was welcomed. Both of our feelings of accomplishment meant so much.

I have worked with too many framers in this industry that were the authoritative experts and told clients that "I'm right", "This is what you'll do" (not even 'should' do), "That's a bad/poor choice", etc., and didn't understand the collaborative need with customers. A couple of them I had to fire.

I've also mentored and trained some good ones, too.....and some are naturals.

Again, thanks for your kind comments, Rick.

Awesome design and even more awesome how it was designed. I love working with my customers. The most important thing you can do is listen to them. Make suggestions.

My most used phrase is, it all comes down to personal preferences.
If people are insecure about their own choices, I will always tell them that I won’t let them make the wrong choice but there is a variety of right choices and those are up to them.

I always listen and ask questions about what they bring in, what do they expect, what is their attachment to it, “tell me a little bit about this”. You usually get half the design already in your head by getting answers and information about the piece.

Back