• Welcome! You will have to REGISTER a free account, before you can access the system. If you already registered, please LOG IN. (top right)
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. If you have questions, feel free to click the CONTACT US link at the bottom of this page.
Vermont Hardwoods solid wood picture frame molding

Bostitch t27 stapler issues


Grumbler in Training
Apr 25, 2020
I have had this staple gun a long time. primary use is convertible top install. I love it but just the other day The trigger control valve failed. I cannot find the part number to even look for this component. Does anyone happen to have either a source for such a part or an exploded view so I know what I have to replace. I have reached out to bostitch and the third party parts shop is no help. Thank you in advance. Brian


PFG, Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
Jan 27, 2010
Welcome to the Grumble.
I am a Senco guy.
I have been framing for 50 years now, I manage a high volume shop full time (when we aren't closed for the virus).

I personally have 2 Senco J model staplers and 2 Senco pin nailers that are about 40 years old.
We also have a couple of Senco staplers in the shop that are pretty old.

That said, have you been oiling the Bostitch by putting a couple of drops of pneumatic oil in the air inlet once a week?
If you haven't you can try putting pneumatic oil in the air inlet fitting and then attach the air hose and pull the trigger a number of times.

It appears that your gun is pretty old and I haven't been able to find anything about it except for a picture...
It looks similar to the Senco J models that I have, pretty old...
(actually made in the U.S. and made out of metal...)

I have been able to keep my old guns working by replacing valves and o-rings myself when needed.
Most of these seals are discontinued by Senco but I have a source that has supplied me with these discontinued parts.
I don't think that they handle Bostitch but you can call and talk to Tyler, he's the Senco expert guy and he might have a source for you for info.

That said, you might try to carefully take the trigger control valve apart.
Make sure that you know how the parts go back together.
You might find a dried out or broken rubber o-ring.
If you can't get a replacement you might try going to Ace Hardware.
They have a lot of different o-rings and you might be able to find one that will fit and they are very inexpensive.

Otherwise, it would probably be cheaper to just replace the gun with a good used one, Bostitch or Senco, other than trying to fix the one that you have.
I'm kind of attached to my old guns so I get it about trying to keep them going.
Good Luck..:thumbsup:
Last edited:
Vermont Hardwoods solid wood picture frame molding