• Welcome! You will have to register a free account, before you can access the system. If you already registered, please LOG IN. (top right)
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. If you have questions, feel free to click CONTACT US link at the bottom of this page.
Jack Richeson & Co

Bill's Retirement Fund.

Larry Peterson

PFG, Picture Framing God
Resource Provider
A week ago I started a GoFundMe account to fund Bill's retirement. Here is what I said in that post.

OK, time to put your money where.................................

I started a GoFundMe account titled Retirement for GrumbleBill and have seeded it with $25.00.

You can access it at https://www.gofundme.com/f/retireme...edium=copy_link&utm_campaign=m_pd+share-sheet

Show your appreciation for all Bill has done for us over the years and make a donation for his retirement.

Bill is probably going to say he doesn't want it. I DON"T CARE.

He is going to get it. If he doesn't want to drink or spend it, he might pass it along to MikeL.

Either way it is for a good cause. Either paying it backwards or forwards. Bill's choice.

PS, I promise not to rip it off to fund my own retirement. I'm going to frame till I drop anyway.

The fund hasn't gotten the kind of traction I would like to see. A couple of others have suggested that I might work better in it's own thread. So here it is and now you have no excuse. I'm watching. :beer:

BTW, we are up to 9 contributors and $400. Keep those dimes and nickels coming.

shayla

WOW Framer
Thanks for setting this up, Larry. We're so thankful for Bill's great help over the years! :popc:

Framar

WOW Framer
As soon as a couple more customers pick up their stuff I will make my contribution. Thanks for setting this up, Larry - we should have done something like this years ago!

neilframer

PFG, Picture Framing God
I mentioned that Bill has put up with us with great patience over the years in my post on GoFundMe.
Nobody will recognize my name except for those who really know me. :thumbsup:
Thanks Larry for your efforts in this. :beer:

We’re here for you. www.wizardcutters.com

shayla

WOW Framer
Love it that more are giving! What a great way to thank Bill. :beer:

Vermont Hardwoods open and shipping

Bob Carter

SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
OMG! Edie went to $150
time to up the ante #ilovethatgirl

MnSue

SGF, Supreme Grumble Framer
wow only 21 donors...
well that's a sad appreciation...
come on!

Jack Richeson & Co

Bob Carter

i'll bump another $50 trying to catch FramingGodess

thousands of people have used this forum; many post daily. How about forget the next two visits to Starbucks and make a donation
personal note
Over the years many Grumblers have asked my advice and help. I always had a caveat that whatever worth they felt that consult was worth to make a donation in my name to MS Society. Some did, many did not. (I guess they felt that advice wasn't worth anything :) ) Edie is an avid cyclist and she organized a Team to ride in the local MS Race and gather pledges; the total i can't remember, but it had a comma in it.
Paying forward is so simple and how about anyone that reached out to me, they donate $10?

tedh

Joe B

Forum Donor
And like Bob, I added another $50.00. Just from the information I have gained from the people here on the Grumble I have made that $50.00 10X Plus. Anybody that has asked a question and received an answer here on the Grumble should be more than happy to give at least a little.

Larry Peterson

PFG, Picture Framing God
Resource Provider
I intially seeded the fund with $25. After seeing some of the recent donations, I upped my donation to $100 total.

Presto Frame & Moudling 800-431-1622

Ylva

Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
That’s still part of the 22 members. I do hope the G means more to a larger group.

Bill did so much, created such a wonderful place for all framers to hang out. The advice, the friendships, the knowledge, the fun.

DVieau2

PFG, Picture Framing God
I hope the fund stays active for awhile. I think there are some who have just missed it or are waiting for a paycheck.
We need to keep it at the top and give it time.
There are groups of educators who owe Bill a great deal of gratitude for giving them a place to promote themselves and their classes. I can think of magazines and Trade shows, conferences and PPFA meetings that benefited from free publicity.
There are Vendors who had a place for feedback as well as praise, all free.
I also think gift giving is best served with a show of gratitude and benefits.

Larry Peterson

PFG, Picture Framing God
Resource Provider
I hope the fund stays active for awhile.
Unless Bill tells me he needs it for a night of revelry, :beer::vomit::beer: I plan to leave it open as long as possible.

wpfay

Angry Badger
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Larry, Perhaps a good time would be when the keys are handed over to Mike. There's no firm date, but mid February seems to be the tentative time frame.

Welcome to the Picture Framers Grumble

Ylva

Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
I hope the fund stays active for awhile. I think there are some who have just missed it or are waiting for a paycheck.
We need to keep it at the top and give it time.
There are groups of educators who owe Bill a great deal of gratitude for giving them a place to promote themselves and their classes. I can think of magazines and Trade shows, conferences and PPFA meetings that benefited from free publicity.
There are Vendors who had a place for feedback as well as praise, all free.
I agree somewhat. I’m just a little sad that the G has over 7000 members and donations come from less than half a percent of us
I am not completely sure what you mean with show of gratitude and benefits?

I simply hope more members will show their love and gratitude for Bill and this amazing forum

wpfay

Angry Badger
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
I simply would not be the framer I am were it not for this place
Nor would we have had the chance to share company with so many amazingly creative people.
Another salute to Bill, and a wish for an equally rewarding future for The G.

tedh

Can't count the times I shipped stuff to framers needing something, or bought stuff at great prices, or learned what not to do, or overcame the loneliness of the long distance framer.

Hold on. That's a movie, isn't it?

Overcame the isolation of the small business in a small town.

shayla

WOW Framer
Much agreed! :beer:

Framer's fine with no gift at all, and the last thing he'd want is people being guilt-tripped into giving. That said, this is a wonderful way to say thanks for his many years of guidance. Not so much a retirement fund, as a great big hug! Made of money.

I'm torn, though. For years, he's been offering to take us all on a cruise to Tahiti, to spend one bedazzling month lazing about in tropical splendor. He's promised violinists, rare wine, strolling fire-eaters and, in one memorable post on Bill Henry's birthday, a talking giraffe. As the years and promises have piled up, I'd listen to his tales of three-legged beach races, champagne-filled water balloon fights and bonfires stoked by our favorite discontinued mouldings and wonder, 'How is he going to pay for all this?' Now that he's finally in the money, it could come true. But how do we know he'll make good on his promises? What if he takes the whole kit and caboodle and blows it all on one wild night in Rapid City, Iowa? Only his beloved bride of sixty-five years knows, and if pinky swears on a foggy bridge at midnight mean anything, she's not telling.

LifeSaver Software New Website

Bob Carter

There are groups of educators who owe Bill a great deal of gratitude for giving them a place to promote themselves
i can't begin to tell you how many great people I simply would not have met except for Grumble. On this thread alone Doug, Jim, Wally, Edie for starters.
I seriously doubt i would have ever become an educator, consultant or business mentor without the exposure

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
I came back from Vegas with bronchitus or the flu. Smoky air etc.

Bill and I will sort it all soon. Soon after, I'll set up and move the forum to a new server. Then we can work on our NEXT 22 years. :)

Mike

UzZx32QU

Forum Founder
Forum Donor
I came back from Vegas with bronchitus or the flu. Smoky air etc.

Bill and I will sort it all soon. Soon after, I'll set up and move the forum to a new server. Then we can work on our NEXT 22 years. :)

Mike
LOL, I came back from my cruise sick for the last 5 days. I'd bet I caught it at the airport or on the way home on the plane...

Mike, call me when you are better to see if I am.

Bill

We’re here for you. www.wizardcutters.com

neilframer

PFG, Picture Framing God
LOL, I came back from my cruise sick for the last 5 days. I'd bet I caught it at the airport or on the way home on the plane...

Mike, call me when you are better to see if I am.

Bill
You guys...
Maybe we need to spend more time closer to home.
There's a lot of "stuff" out there in the world.:shutup:

I haven't had a cold, the flu, or even a headache in over 20 years.
I only got cancer in 2006, a hernia in 2007, kidney stones in 2014, a torn knee cartilage 2015, but I only missed about 3 days of work with all that...:help:
I'm 100% fine now and I'm just to d#mn stubborn to get sick....:cool:

Take care and have a great weekend!:beer:

Last edited:

Ylva

Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Mike and Bill, feel better soon!

I haven’t been sick in years either and I do travel. We came back from New Orleans/Florida over two weeks ago and the plane was full of sniffling coughing people so I was worried.

I eat a ton of fruit and veggies every day.
I always eat 2 oranges. Every day. No skipping.

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Well at least we didnt get Coronavirus! I'm out of work at least until Tuesday, relaxing.

I think it's fantastic how you all came together and put this together for Bill's retirement!

Larry Peterson

PFG, Picture Framing God
Resource Provider
I think it's fantastic how you all came together and put this together for Bill's retirement!
We are up to $1590 from 26 donars but we haven't any new contributions for 3 days.

prospero

Just checked the member list. There appears to be about 7000 registered members.
If maybe 10% are regulars and they all chipped in $10..... 😁

Donmar Creations

Joe B

Forum Donor
Just checked the member list. There appears to be about 7000 registered members.
If maybe 10% are regulars and they all chipped in $10..... 😁
Yea, people just love getting information and ideas with no cost. That is kind of a shame that people aren't interested in donating just a little bit for the great information that they get from this Forum.

Larry Peterson

PFG, Picture Framing God
Resource Provider
$1710. Last contribution 4 days ago

Bob Carter

i think it unfortunate that so many that have gained so much aren't willing to say "Thanks, here's $10'
Embarrassing

Larry Peterson

PFG, Picture Framing God
Resource Provider
Jack Richeson & Co

Larry Peterson

PFG, Picture Framing God
Resource Provider
I think I see what the problem is. Per https://support.gofundme.com/hc/en-...portant-Verification-and-Withdrawal-Deadlines

"You or your beneficiary must make your first withdrawal within 30 days of receiving your first donation, or incoming donations will be paused. "

So we have to get Bill to take some out before we can accept any more donations. Also we have 90 days from the start to completely withdraw or all donations are refunded.

What kind of rules are these?

So Bill, if you are listening, PM me so we can start the withdrawal setup.

UzZx32QU

Forum Founder
Forum Donor
I want to thank all you great Grumblers for this gift. It's been a pleasure to have hosted this BBS for over twenty years. I'm sure Mike will treat you guys right. I will keep in touch but my framing days and sysop day are over. I've been truly enjoying my retirement but strangely keep walking up earlier than when I was working, go figure. I wish you all a good year, stay healthy and make sure to keep it fun.

Thanks again,
framer

UzZx32QU

Forum Founder
Forum Donor
I took the money and splurged and bought a new dream laptop. Asus UX581GV is now being used. It is so coooool....

I would have never gotten this with out your nice gift to me. I wanted all to know that I put it to good use.

Thanks again,
Bill

AIM: New/Used Picture Framing Equip. 330-405-9421
LifeSaver Software New Website
;Added 5/9/20 MPL to disable rich text editor by default for IOS devices that have bug in browser