Beveled Accent

The BA 8517 is the number for bainbridge bevel accent coverd in the same surface paper as the mat board 8517. The bevel accents are 3/16' foamcore strips cut on a bevel. They are designed to be put under a cut mat. The pinwheel pattern is used to get a perfect fit easly. The are sold in boxes of 4 strips and have complete instructions.

If you do a search for bevel accents you will find several threads about using them and similar products.

Beveled accents are a Bainbridge product that have been out at least three years - They are strips of 3/16 inch foam core, cut on a bevel and covered with paper. BA 8517 would match the mat labeled 8517. There are maybe 15-20 beveled accents with matching mats.

You would cut your opening in the mat on a reverse bevel and pinwheel the beveled accents on the back. I'm sure someone can explain it better. It's a different look ~ we've done well with them.

oops - took too much time. Dave beat me to it.

And the mat does not necessarily have to be cut with a reverse bevel; just depends on the look you're going for.

You can make these yourself too. Just cut some strips of foam board with a bevel and then cover the bevel with some strips of decorative paper. You can find some really cool stuff at good art supply stores. Works nicely with hand-painted marbelized paper too.

And for those of you who order from Vicki Schober in Milwaukee, don't overlook the Faux Fillets. They are similar to the Bevel Accents, but also come in all sorts of specialty papers.

Vicki developed the Faux Fillets a long time ago and licenses the concept to Bainbridge for the Bevel Accents.

I use both.

Usually not on the same project.

Back