Best Brown Kraft Box Tape?

MitchelC

MGF, Master Grumble Framer
Business
Custom Framing
What is the best brown box tape...one that is REALLY tacky and holds? When a customer only wants a mat I put it in between two scrap cardboard pieces and tape the corners and while we are talking, the tape becomes unglued to the kraft paper. (Size: 2" wide x 60 yards long.) Tks for any info.

I buy 2" brown tape and all of my shipping supplies from Mac Papers, a Southeastern US company. They deliver here in Nashville.
The tape has plenty of adhesive.

Maybe I am missing something here but why Kraft Tape? Why not just regular industrial poly brown tape? I use this stuff: Industrial Packaging Tape in Stock - ULINE https://www.uline.com/BL_3059/Uline-Industrial-Tape and it works just peachy. I use it the same way you do, except its for pieces of acrylic rather than mat board. It has a very strong grip. No worries about it releasing.
Kraft Tape is to hold to pieces of cardboard together. Examples: A customer wants ONLY a mat or two...I put it between cardboard to protect it until they get to their destination. Someone want ONLY a piece of glass...I put it between cardboard to protect the customer from cutting themselves.

Kraft Tape is to hold to pieces of cardboard together. Examples: A customer wants ONLY a mat or two...I put it between cardboard to protect it until they get to their destination. Someone want ONLY a piece of glass...I put it between cardboard to protect the customer from cutting themselves.

Again I ask, why Kraft tape when any old poly tape will do the job better? Seems like a waste to use Kraft tape for this. Costs more, harder to use, water activated which can migrate to the mats. Why not use plain old brown poly tape which isn't going to release like Kraft tape?

images

When you look at the most recent reviews (something I always do) it doesn't seem too great. Thin and flimsy is the overall comment.

Let me know when it comes in. We use a lot of packaging tape and this price does look good. Just not if the quality isn't there. So please update after you receive this?

When you look at the most recent reviews (something I always do) it doesn't seem too great. Thin and flimsy is the overall comment.

Let me know when it comes in. We use a lot of packaging tape and this price does look good. Just not if the quality isn't there. So please update after you receive this?
This is the stuff I use: Big Daddy Industrial Tape - 2 Mil, 2" x 220 yds, Tan S-471 - Uline https://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/S-471/Carton-Sealing-Tape/Big-Daddy-Industrial-Tape-2-Mil-2-x-220-yds-Tan?keywords=s471

Uline has a tape sale once a year and thats when I buy it; a box of 36 rolls 2" x 220 yds. Don't be put off by the per roll cost. I paid $106.20 on sale for my last box. I go through about a box a year. This is 2.0 mil tape. I don't need thicker tape as I use carton staples on most boxes rather than tape.

I sure will let you know....i wrote a reminder. ☺

I just got the box of tape in this morning. I have use it a couple of times to tape a couple of boxes. It IS an excellent tape...very tacky. The other tape I was using was NOT nearly as tacky as this one. Try it.... ☺

Back