• Welcome! You will have to REGISTER a free account, before you can access the system. If you already registered, please LOG IN. (top right)
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. If you have questions, feel free to click the CONTACT US link at the bottom of this page.
Rian Fabrication Services  www.rianfabrication.com

Best 10 inch Mitre Saw

DVieau2

PFG, Picture Framing God
Some years ago I wore out my 10" Milwaukee. I Didn't really appreciate it until I purchased a 10" Dewalt. It's OK but not made like the Milwaukee.

Milwaukee now only makes a slider 10" for big bucks.

I had a need for mitre saw I can torture and move around the yard so I bought a used Old Makita 2401B. ($20.00)
The older Makita is so well built with a cast iron base so it's heavy and I love it. I would like to buy another and have a double saw set up with my Phaedra measuring set up.

Before breaking the bank and spending another $20.00 I'll ask for opinions about who makes or made the the best 10" mitre saw?

wpfay

Angry Badger
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Festool probably.
1596041214015.png

JFeig

SGF, Supreme Grumble Framer
For picture framing the #1 decision is a good blade that is properly balanced.
Per BuyersGuide.com

DEWALT Miter Saw, Single Bevel, Compound, 10-Inch, 15-Amp (DWS713)

wvframer

Humble Picture Framer
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Festool makes the best-built tools I have seen, and the price reflects that.

But JFeig is right; the blade is the biggest factor for accurate cuts.

I wouldn't mind finding a $20 anything that I could use a second time.

DVieau2

PFG, Picture Framing God
What do you think of the notion that a slider will not be quite as solid and accurate as a non-slider?

I've got quality blades covered.

Vermont Hardwoods solid wood picture frame molding

wpfay

Angry Badger
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
I have a good Hitachi slider mounted on a Porter Cable portable stand that I use for construction projects. If I were to use it for picture framing I would restrict the sliding action and rely on the chop motion to cut mouldings. That should be as accurate as a simple power miter box.
When the Brevetti was down briefly due to a fried capacitor, I used the Makita non-slider power miter saw that is hitched up to a Phaedra bench. I normally reserve it for cutting metal frames, but needed to get a couple out in a hurry, so I put on a freshly sharpened (by Quinn) 80 tooth blade and it worked as well as the Brevetti.

Vermont Hardwoods solid wood picture frame molding