Praise BEAUTIFUL Pencil & Pen/Ink Fine Art

Sherry Lee

SGF, Supreme Grumble Framer
This praise goes out to my dear Dad who is known for his Fine Art around these parts. He is absolutely passionate about his art - lives and breathes it!!

His "legs ain't what they used to be" so doing art shows is rare, but his spirit makes up for it. "If I couldn't draw, I'd die" he repeatedly tells me.

So please let me introduce Dad, Richard Nearing.

If any of you would be interested in his prints/books/notecards, please let me know....SDIoffice@aol.com

His prices are extremely reasonable and for quantity, I can probably get you a better price yet.

Thanks for taking a look.........trust me, the art is so much better in person!

http://www.nearingstudio.com

Beautiful, Sherry.

I especially like "Psalm 9:18" Pencil.

Hands are so difficult to do well and your dad did a beautful rendering of these wweathered hands.

Attachments

• psalm.jpg
    psalm.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 22
Good eye Dave - thank you!

Beautiful, Sherry.

I especially like "Psalm 9:18" Pencil.

Hands are so difficult to do well and your dad did a beautful rendering of these wweathered hands.

Dave, you are sharp!! This is his most popular print! Those are my Dad's hands. Many artist's have told me what you did...hands are hard to do. I'll never forget watching him draw them.

Sherry, your Dad is extremely talented :thumbsup: - the details are amazing. He certainly has a gift.

Do you do any artwork, yourself, Sherry, or is your artistic talent directed towards framing?

Sherry, your Dad is extremely talented :thumbsup: - the details are amazing. He certainly has a gift.

Do you do any artwork, yourself, Sherry, or is your artistic talent directed towards framing?

Thank you for the compliment - I will certainly pass it on. He does pay unbelievable attention to detail - he has immence patience.

I don't do artwork myself. I think I could 'pull it off' if I had his patience, but I'm so used to RUNNING task to task as a nurse in attempt to get immediate results that I lost the ability to sit and do finite work like artists do. So, you are right on, I direct it towards framing - which by the way, my Dad had a gallery for years and then taught me what he knew about framing.

And now I'm doing what I can to help "Padre" out. His work deserves it!

Richard Nearing, artist sales

His art is amazing! What a talent. Does he sell a lot? I'll keep his info in my 'favorites' list!

Thank you Ylva. Over the past 35 years he has sold locally at art shows & networking (he does a lot of commission work) thus his work has permiated the Phoenix Valley and Northern Arizona. Now his work has begun to sell nationally because of the web site mostly.

His book that he and my uncle authored, "Arizona Military Installations" sold out. I see there are six copies on Amazon.com being sold, ranging from $40 to $247.87 (I don't understand that range).

He has other books that continue to sell (on web site) well.

Among the prints, "Psalm 9:18" and "Cabin In The Woods" are huge! "Somewhere In Indiana" & "Repose" are favorites as well! One of my favorites is "Anasazi Pueblo" because it is unique and the detail is what a person that really appreciates art loves! And the "Arizona State Capitol" sells in our Capitol's Gift Shop...among buyers of it are Randy Johnson (pitcher) and Charlton Heston, prior to his death of course.

One that he drew of the local Superstition Mountains is another "draw" here...because the mountain is well known to many - especially "snow birds" and tourists.

Back