• Welcome! You will have to REGISTER a free account, before you can access the system. If you already registered, please LOG IN. (top right)
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. If you have questions, feel free to click the CONTACT US link at the bottom of this page.
Picture framers only resource

Bainbridge Shutdown?

bruce papier

MGF, Master Grumble Framer
One of our suppliers informed us that Bainbridge isn't going to be producing matboard for the next couple months. Anybody know anything about that?

Kyle Henson

CGF II, Certified Grumble Framer Level 2
I heard July for production, probably August for current distributor PO's to be fulfilled.

Frances M.

CGF II, Certified Grumble Framer Level 2
Nurre Caxton is doing length orders only but with a 3-4 week turnaround per their order desk, who put me in contact with a distributor for some chops. Their answering machine message says reason is they are shorthanded. The order taker at distributor agreed with me that maybe calling back some workers would be start to fix backlog. She voiced a hope that it is not the sign of a larger problem.

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
My guess (and that's all it is): Chances are, there is plenty of stock in their warehouse, and at the distributors who resell it. They werent selling any for a few months, so it makes sense to pause production for a bit to clear out some inventory.

FrameReady Special Offer - Call 888-281-2202

bruce papier

The problem, as we see it, is they are not shipping any product to our suppliers before August. It doesn't matter how much Bainbridge has in their warehouse, only how much our suppliers have in theirs.

bruce papier

I forgot. No Bainbridge, no Nielsen. We need to get 100' of 15-10 and none of our suppliers have any or are going to get any before August. Anybody have a source?

cjmst3k

SGF, Supreme Grumble Framer
If I'm an all Bainbridge shop, should I stock up on several hundred mats now so I have inventory?

Ylva

SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
I could have sold the “asphalt”, the one with texture, kinda like cork, but mostly black.
LJ said out of stock. Donmar states discontinued.

So I went with something else. I will be a little more careful selling Bainbridge and making sure there is stock at my suppliers.

I assume this is, hopefully, a temporary setback for Bainbridge.

Picture framers only resource

Larry Peterson

PFG, Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
Resource Provider
Donmar states discontinued.
When Don Mar says discontinued it usually means that Don Mar doesn't carry it anymore, not that the manufacturer has discontinued it.

LifeSaver Cloud from LifeSaver Software, Inc.