• Welcome! You will have to REGISTER a free account, before you can access the system. If you already registered, please LOG IN. (top right)
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. If you have questions, feel free to click the CONTACT US link at the bottom of this page.
Rian Fabrication Services  www.rianfabrication.com

CONSUMER ALERT Arlo Frame Space

Kimmie

Grumbler in Training
Howdy Fellow Framers! I have used Arlo Frame Space for at least 20 years. They used to work great. Strong, long lasting adhesive. It was backed with a kraft color release paper. It was 3M tape. Great stuff. Several months ago they replaced it with a new tape, which is garbage. It has a plastic white backer release paper. It barely sticks to the glass or acrylic, who knows how long it will hold. I am guessing not long. I just called Arlo (1-800-332-2756) and lodged a complaint. The woman I spoke with said that 3M had discontinued the tape that they had previously used and were using a new product. She said that we were the second complaint and that they were aware of the problem. I am asking if any of you are having the same issue, that you also call and lodge a complaint. The squeaky wheel get the grease! Thanks! Stay safe out there folks! Peace.

wpfay

Angry Badger
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Hi Kimmie, welcome to the G.
Good information about the product, thanks.
There are options with both Framespace, and Econospace, or making your own from mat and foam core, or wood.

Ylva

SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Hi Kimmie,

thanks for the update, good to know. I rarely use it, but might have some leftovers. I prefer to build out with foam core and a floating mat. Never was too impressed with spacers on art

Greg Fremstad

MGF, Master Grumble Framer
FrameSpace is a registered trade name with FrameTek. FrameTek makes a peel and stick spacer "EconoSpace" that uses 3m"s 5 mil thick adhesive. Arlo's adhesive is only 1 mil thick. In over 34 years, FrameTek has never had a complaint with the adhesive. It tested much stronger than Arlos in an independent lab test. Call FrameTek for a copy of the test. 1-800-227-9934. FrameSpace is a far superior spacer that grips over the edge of the glass for mechanical permanence. It can never come off or sag in the frame yet it is easily removable to clean or replace the glass. It also keep the glass from shaving bits of paint. wood fibers, and leaf from being abraded off the rabbit and entering the frame cavity. The big problem is: Nobody ever reads the instructions! Watch the short video on youtube.com titles "FrameSpace". FrameSpace
comes in several sizes from 1/8 to 3/4 inch airspace and cuts on the glass with anvil pruners. Try it per the instructions - you'll like it!

Joe B

PFG, Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
I stopped using EconoSpace a few years ago and started using FrameSpace in it's place. FrameSpace is a great product that has no adhesives and will never release because the adhesive dries out or it release because it gets hot. I highly recommend FrameSpace for the reasons that Greg Fremstad said. FrameSpace is easy to work with, it slides onto the glass and is held in place by the glass, edge of the frame and the art. Like Greg said, watch the short video and do exactly what it tells you to do. The only thing I would change is that I would contact Tech Mark and purchase the KGS Diamond Pad - 200 Grit to polish the edge of the glass. I now polish the edge on all glass I use in a frame, saves on glass cuts, it doesn't catch when sliding the frame over it, and less likely to crack.

FrameReady Special Offer - Call 888-281-2202
Rian Fabrication Services  www.rianfabrication.com