Anyone closing early Saturday for the holiday?

JbNormandog

SGF, Supreme Grumble Framer
From
NJ
I get slow during the summer and on saturdays no one comes in (Almost always) after 3pm.

So for the extended holiday weekend I am closing at 3.

Anyone else closing early?

Elaine

From
Skaneateles,NY USA
We close for the holiday long weekends (memorial day, july 4th, labor day)- no one comes in.

We closed for saturdays for the month of august this year to test the waters - only fell short of last years dollars by a little bit - not enough to worry about and enjoy the 3 day weekends for a month :D

elaine

Bob Doyle

SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
From
South Berwick, Maine
closed saturday and monday this year.

business was nil for the last 2 years for the weekend. Another businessman suggested leaving a sign and a cellphone number.

Rozmataz

From
Fingerlakes Region of NYS
We take the opportunity to have more than 1 day a week off on holiday weekends... Memorial Day, July 4th week, Labor Day and Columbus Day.

Closed Sat-Mon countdown started a little while ago!!

The business I may miss does not make up for the relaxation and recharging I get from the needed time away from the shop.

HB

From
Alberta CANADA
Business
The Framing Nook
I'm Always closed sat - mon on all long weekends! Started that about a year ago. No-one comes in those days anyways.

Ruth

MGF, Master Grumble Framer
From
Mohnton, PA
I haven't had a day off (other than the half a snow day I got this year and I'm not counting Sundays) in over a year... so yes! Usually I'm open holiday weekends but never have any business unless it's scheduled pick up.

I am so ready for this weekend. :D

HarryGMCPF

MGF, Master Grumble Framer
From
Northborough, MA
Open reg hours on sat and closed sunday/monday. We are usually open 7 days. Going to enjoy the last weekend of summer. The heck with framing. For 2 days anyway.

Hobbes03

From
Torrington, Connecticut, USA
Originally posted by Baer Charlton:
.... filming video on Monday.
Ok Baer, I'll bite....

-Mike.

Rock

CGF, Certified Grumble Framer
From
Frankfort, IN
Closing both Saturday and Monday. I'm very much looking forward to it, even though I have no plans really. There is this ribfest going on down in Indy this weekend. I may have to stuff myself.
icon21.gif

Rock

Dave

From
Edwardsburg, MI
I'm closing at 6 pm on FRIDAY!

Enough labor for the week...enjoy your weekend, kids.

Dave Makielski

Cliff Wilson

Vendor
From
Worcester, MA
Closing at 6 today (Friday) and not opening again until the 12th of September.

This week (of Labor day) has been DEAD for since I openened shop. Might as well have some fun.

BTW closed Saturday for the month of August and beat last year's August. Have Fun!

Bill Henry-

From
Boondock Bowerbank, ME
Business
Retired from the grind
Naah! Gotta be somewhere. It might as well be here.

D_Derbonne

PFG, Picture Framing God
From
Middleburg, FL
Regular hours on Saturday (today). I know at least 2 customers have told me they will be in today.
Monday...closed but if I'm in the store working my doors will be open.

Jerry Ervin

PFG, Picture Framing God
From
North Carolina ... The Picture Frame Capital of th
Originally posted by D_Derbonne:
Monday...closed but if I'm in the store working my doors will be open.
That is the way I'm playing it. When I get caught up if the parking lot is low or empty, I'm out of here. If people are coming in, I'll hang around.

Tique

Grumbler
From
Louisville Colorado
I was planning to close at the normal time today (Saturday), and I'm glad I did. More folks came in today, than the whole last week!!!

Baer Charlton

From
On FB
Originally posted by Rogatory:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Baer Charlton:
filming video
Kinda redundant isn't it? isn't it? isn't it? isn't it? </font>[/QUOTE]Rogatory, I think Cptn. English would have a convulsion if I used the term "Videoing Film"... of corse that could be weird too....

But I think the term "making a film" is now meaning actual 35mm or 72mm film instead of a video tape which is what we are using...

Or would you be more comfortable with "Going to be exposing Betamax tape to electrons aligned in such a way that they show me teaching fabric wrapping"?

How about, "I screwed around at the shop today making stuff for Monday when I'm having a few people over to hang out and maybe film something..."?
faintthud.gif