• Welcome! You will have to REGISTER a free account, before you can access the system. If you already registered, please LOG IN. (top right)
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. If you have questions, feel free to click the CONTACT US link at the bottom of this page.

Any Outlook/Exchange/O365 experts here?

Vermont Hardwoods solid wood picture frame molding

David Waldmann

Herder of cats
Forum Donor
Featured Vendor
Business
Vermont Hardwoods
I'm about ready to start pulling some hair out.

A few months ago we converted from GoDaddy hosted email to Office 365 Exchange hosted email (through Microsoft).

We set up everything up with our existing domain of VFH.US, but our intention was to change over to VermontHardwoods.com in the near future, so we set that up as a registered domain as well. If I'd realized such a thing as aliases I would have just set it up as VermontHardwoods.com with aliases for the VFH.US addresses. But, I didn't. And now am paying for it.

I changed my username to David at VermontHardwoods dot com and it automatically added DW at VFH dot US as an alias, which makes sense since that will allow me to keep getting email sent to the old address. Everything seemed fine. I mean, it works fine. The only problem is that when I send mail using the desktop version of Outlook it says it's From DW at VFH dot US. I want eventually be rid of that, so I'd like people to use the new one. Outlook allows me to change the From to David at VermontHardwoods dot com manually, but it doesn't even remember it, let alone let me make it the default:
Screenshot 2020-05-12 11.08.19.png

Using the web version of Outlook, by default it says it's from David at VermontHardwoods dot com:
Screenshot 2020-05-12 11.37.02.png

Outlook shows that my account is DW at VFH dot US:
Screenshot 2020-05-12 11.07.32.png

So I tried adding the David at VermontHardwoods dot com one, but I get a message saying that it's already been added:
Screenshot 2020-05-12 11.10.07.png

I've searched every way I can think but all the answers are to do what I've already done, but it will not change the account/mailbox name in Outlook desktop, or the default From.

David Waldmann

Herder of cats
Forum Donor
Featured Vendor
Business
Vermont Hardwoods
Maybe I was just too impatient. After a couple days suddenly everything is working the way I'd expect it to...

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Business
Get The Picture
That's Microsoft for ya! :) I'm not a big fan of that product.

Vermont Hardwoods solid wood picture frame molding