• Welcome! You will have to REGISTER a free account, before you can access the system. If you already registered, please LOG IN. (top right)
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. If you have questions, feel free to click the CONTACT US link at the bottom of this page.

AMP VN 42 underpinner

W.D Quinn Saw Co. - US Made Picture Frame Blades

jchristian1970

Grumbler in Training
Business
Columbus Custom Framing LLC
Hey everyone, new framer here. I bought a VN 42 underpinner and turn the air pressure up too high. It blew out a screw. Is this a safety mechanism and how do I get the machine back running? Thanks for you help!

Upvote 0

Jim Miller

SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
Featured Vendor
Welcome to The Grumble, jchristian1970.

There are lots of screws in that machine. Which one did you blow out? I've never heard of that happening before, but I'm sure the experts here can help you get it going again. The VN-42 is a very good machine. Mine ran flawlessly for about ten years before I replaced it with a newer underpinner.

I'm local for you, so let me know if you would like me to visit and have a look at the problem. And if you ever get out to Reynoldsburg or Pickerington, stop in and let's get acquainted. Drop me a PM and we can set it up.

jchristian1970

Grumbler in Training
Business
Columbus Custom Framing LLC
I had a buy a replacement pressure valve. Do you know anyone that find be able to help me switch this new one out with the broken one?

Vermont Hardwoods solid wood picture frame molding