Alternative sources for slip mat

Modulor

Grumbler in Training
Business
Studio_acla
New to this forum - so big thank you for existing and allowing me to post . I have a Val 4’x8’ , I’m looking for a source to purchase the slip mat . I ran into a company at Fabtec in Chicago in 2019 - the last show before pandemic- that only sold slip mats . But unfortunately i lost their info since i was fine with buying them from the distributor. But unfortunately we can’t get them any longer and the new distribution will not have them for weeks or months. I don’t think crescent stocks these sizes since they don’t sell the machine size i have.
Would really appreciate any leads to turn to.
Thank you in advance.
BTW - I bought my machine in 2019 stayed dormant for over a year (covid hit) and finally went to Italy this past July to do some real training . ( Tuscany is amazing place to do training) I am just beginning to warm up to this machine . I do allot of product designs and architecture models - been at it for 32 years and loving everyday Im alive doing this . Cheers!

Attachments

• 1402B9DB-9C0C-4359-8AAE-80E084D1111F.jpeg
    1402B9DB-9C0C-4359-8AAE-80E084D1111F.jpeg
    201 KB · Views: 27
  • 1BC10D94-584E-471C-B47B-311BD2BE82C0.jpeg
    1BC10D94-584E-471C-B47B-311BD2BE82C0.jpeg
    102.2 KB · Views: 27

Rick Granick

SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
Welcome to the Grumble. Sounds like an interesting business. Would love to see pictures of your work. Do you have a website link you could share?
:cool: Rick

David Hewitt

MGF, Master Grumble Framer
Forum Donor
I would think you could splice smaller ones together, that should get you by till what you need becomes available. Doing the taping on the back side will eliminate tape residue.
Welcome, and nice shop by the way.

Modulor

Grumbler in Training
Business
Studio_acla
Welcome to the Grumble. Sounds like an interesting business. Would love to see pictures of your work. Do you have a website link you could share?
:cool: Rick
Hello Rick ,
Most of my work 1990 - 2014 are on 4x6 photo prints and negatives. Feel dated talking about negatives! Mostly cnc work for concrete molds for DOT and movie studio , allot of architecture models using laser machine and cnc for topography. Designed products for our retail stores . I wish i had the time to document them in a time line video. You can see some of my recent designs for copic marker racks on our marker site - carpediemMarkers.com . I also started a new studio dedicated to teaching/sharing my experience on model building to local architecture students ( all free - not sure how that will pay the bills but i guess i have to keep my day job ) If money was no object - I would do it full time . Its a dying art lost to digital models. You can see the new studio taking shape on IG - studio_acla. This studio space is inside my LA store , Architects Corner. I did a short video on what i use my Valiani for with regards to architecture models . I bought all the tools they make for this machine but im still learning the bevel cutters. Another trip to Italy next month should get me up to date on that tool. I will introduce all my equipment as I gravitate to projects that use them. Maybe some of the members here with cmc can offer the service to local architecture schools or firms. Just food for thought ….. maybe more work than its worth.

Attachments

• A8C5DDEF-D8D1-4D1E-AD59-42CA770B05EE.jpeg
    A8C5DDEF-D8D1-4D1E-AD59-42CA770B05EE.jpeg
    192.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 58F0AB48-2766-40B6-A897-B20C7BCC3615.jpeg
    58F0AB48-2766-40B6-A897-B20C7BCC3615.jpeg
    105.4 KB · Views: 11

Modulor

Grumbler in Training
Business
Studio_acla
I would think you could splice smaller ones together, that should get you by till what you need becomes available. Doing the taping on the back side will eliminate tape residue.
Welcome, and nice shop by the way.
Hello David ,

That shop is actually the training center for Valiani in Italy. Im shop is way way more messy . I know where everything is at though until someone trys to clean up!

I was looking for a slip board that is porous so the vacuum table can hold the work sheets in place.

jtremblay99

Grumbler
New to this forum - so big thank you for existing and allowing me to post . I have a Val 4’x8’ , I’m looking for a source to purchase the slip mat . I ran into a company at Fabtec in Chicago in 2019 - the last show before pandemic- that only sold slip mats . But unfortunately i lost their info since i was fine with buying them from the distributor. But unfortunately we can’t get them any longer and the new distribution will not have them for weeks or months. I don’t think crescent stocks these sizes since they don’t sell the machine size i have.
Would really appreciate any leads to turn to.
Thank you in advance.
BTW - I bought my machine in 2019 stayed dormant for over a year (covid hit) and finally went to Italy this past July to do some real training . ( Tuscany is amazing place to do training) I am just beginning to warm up to this machine . I do allot of product designs and architecture models - been at it for 32 years and loving everyday Im alive doing this . Cheers!
I use Superior Laminating for my underlayment, 25 sheets/case, size: 32"x40", 524 Route 6 & 209, Milford PA 18337 - 570-409-1144

jtremblay99

Grumbler
I use this underlayment on my Gunnar, prior to this I used this on my Valiani CMC. I was not able to get larger sheets anywhere so I use two sheets over the felt.

Modulor

Grumbler in Training
Business
Studio_acla
Thanks for the lead . I will give them a call tomorrow, the sheets i have now are 48”x48” would have been awesome to get a full 48x96 though. BTW , Does your cmc have a vacuum table ? I just noticed today using crescent boards core without the top and bottom paper facing is working but i only have 32x40s. I know I’m stretching but Does anyone here have a 4x8 machine ? I don’t think it’s common .