• Welcome! You will have to REGISTER a free account, before you can access the system. If you already registered, please LOG IN. (top right)
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. If you have questions, feel free to click the CONTACT US link at the bottom of this page.

Air Filtration & Grant Funding

Ad Banner for SmallCorp

Shayla

WOW Framer
Forum Donor
If your city/state offers grant funding, one good use can be to upgrade air filtration.

Many of you have already installed upgrades. If so, and if your city offers grants, you might consider applying for retroactive coverage of that cost.

We applied for a grant yesterday, and are hoping to get it. In the process, I researched highly-rated air purifiers and found my favorite sold out everywhere. Except for scammers, who are glad to take our money and run, none were to be had. (Be sure to read reviews of unfamiliar sites, or run them through 'legitimizers', before ordering). We want a good purifier, so yesterday, we bought another highly-rated system. If the grant comes through, great. If not, we'll still have cleaner air.

A side note about filters: An online reviewer made the point that two small purifiers can often process as much, or more, air than a larger one. Buying two smalls often costs less than a good large one. With my sensory issues, I have to have a quiet one, and that's also good for elderly customers. The quieter the space, the less shouting through our masks, and the less shouting, the better. Large filters are generally quieter, so we spent more for that.

Feel free to share your experience with any purifiers you have.

Upvote 1

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
We have a couple of these HEPA filters in the shop, since March 2020. Theyre just about silent, and have a timer that we set to shut off automatically in 8 hrs.

Amazon product
Our electric company has a $40 rebate on energy star approved air cleaners, but I think that is only for residential customers.

Some COVID particles are small enough to get through even a HEPA filter, but it should do well to filter most bad things out of the air.

Some businesses and restaurants locally have been wiring UV-C lamps inside their existing forced air HVAC systems, to kill the bug as the air passes by. Note: This type will burn the eyes and cause skin cancer if someone is exposed. There are a lot of FAKE ones out there, too, that aren't UV-C and have no real benefit. Many of those are just black lights or other types of UV, and hang on a wall socket.

Mike

Shayla

WOW Framer
Forum Donor
Here is what we're getting, from Rabbit Air. It's their MinusA2 purifier.

I first searched for an AirMega 400S, but they're sold out.

Amazon product

Shayla

WOW Framer
Forum Donor
We have a couple of these HEPA filters in the shop, since March 2020. Theyre just about silent, and have a timer that we set to shut off automatically in 8 hrs.

Amazon product
Our electric company has a $40 rebate on energy star approved air cleaners, but I think that is only for residential customers.

Mike

Thanks for posting this. It was another top-rated model, with much better pricing.

I looked into it, but was put off by a negative review. It said the unit had a bad smell, and that some thought the PlasmaWave technology aggravated asthma. Our employee has asthma, thus the nix. I once tried an air purifier at home, that used some sort of electric ion zapping system. It made me feel weird and a bit dizzy, so I'm careful with that stuff. (I'm already a bit weird, but perhaps that should read 'wierder'. lol....) If you like your system, perhaps I just found the one bad review in a sea of positives.

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
No smell here. In fact it is supposed to REMOVE smells and has a few layers of filtration. I do like the product.

Advertise on the G, a forum for framers only