• Welcome! You will have to REGISTER a free account, before you can access the system. If you already registered, please LOG IN. (top right)
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. If you have questions, feel free to click the CONTACT US link at the bottom of this page.
Vermont Hardwoods solid wood picture frame molding

8,000 Members!

Framar

WOW Framer
So the Grumble hit 8,000 members yesterday and not a peep out of anyone?

That is close to 400 new members since New Years - OK, maybe not a Twitter or YouTube or TikTok kind of response - but pretty good on a 20 year-old forum for a nano business like picture framing.

Hip hip hooray! Cue the biodegradable balloons!

๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽˆ

wpfay

Angry Badger
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
They are pretty impressive numbers, more so (framer pun) because we are also culling out duplicate accounts, and accounts that no longer have a functioning email. This is a process that will take a full year, but at the 1st anniversary of the new G ownership the numbers will reflect more what the reality of the situation is. We are also getting a fairly healthy share of new Grumblers from the International realm which increases the interest level and provides for some interesting educational opportunities. The growth is consistent and totally organic with word of mouth still being the best referral.
It's a pretty "feel good" story and it's great being a part of it.
It is hard to tell because of the seamless nature of the member experience, but every day Mike is working behind the scenes to improve the site. He keeps the staff apprised of his activity, and we may understand 10% of what he is doing, so we just watch and say "Thanks Mike" in unison occasionally. This morning he completely re-indexed the entire site and ran extensive software checks to make sure the G was healthy and running smoothly, all before I had my first cup of coffee.

prospero

SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God

That is close to 400 new members since New Years - OK, maybe not a Twitter or YouTube or TikTok kind of response - but pretty good on a 20 year-old forum for a nano business like picture framing.

Who are you calling a nano? ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿคฃ

Framar

WOW Framer
I use the word "nano" because" small business" is defined as a business with 500 or fewer employees, and even a "micro business" seems too huge for most of us.

OK - some of us have several locations with a dozen employees at each, but I bet there are more of us with one tiny location and one chief cook and bottle washer per.

So "nano" seemed apropos.

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team

That is AWESOME!!!! There has been a steady stream of new registrants in 2020, and it's great to see new faces. I think some may be shy, and are encouraged to say hi :)

The software doesn't allow 2 accounts to share the same name or email address, so there shouldn't be too many dupes. If anyone DOES have a dupe, feel free to click CONTACT US at the bottom. We will be happy to merge them back together into one account, preserving/combining all posts and post totals with a single name. If so, be sure to let us known which one you wish to KEEP and wish one you do not.

The support team is here to help!

Mike

FrameReady Special Offer - Call 888-281-2202

shayla

WOW Framer
Forum Donor
Yay! Love it. :beer:

tedh

Great story, and so very timely, given the stress-reducing aspects since mid-March. Where would we be without the G?

David Waldmann

SGF, Supreme Grumble Framer
Forum Donor
Featured Vendor
How would one notice this esoteric fact? And what does it mean? Should we check with our insurance agent about Y10K coverage?

Peep peep, peep.

Peep.

Ylva

Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
Awesome! Onto the next 8000!
Lol

What Wally said. The things Mike does behind the scenes is mind boggling. He tells us every step and what it does and we just look at it and pretend to understand 10% of it.
I am amazed how the G is growing and looking better than ever. And happy to be a part of it.

Dirk

MGF, Master Grumble Framer
Forum Donor
Picture framers only resource

Larry Peterson

PFG, Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
Resource Provider
You might want to check on 2038-01-19 coverage.
The world as we know it will end on that date as all digital systems with will exhaust their 32 bit range and suddenly it will be Friday the 13th, December 1901.

And that will have nothing on the Y10K problem where all years being stored as 4 digits will go nuts. And don't get me started on the year 32.768 problem.

Keith L Hewitt

Forum Donor
Who are you calling a nano? ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿคฃ
Aaaah have we upset Prospero.
He's such a sensitive member. I've heard he wears odd socks knitted by Chickie
Best to simply ignore his whingeing

8,000 WOW well done all concerned and good to see the world " International" in Mike's post.. I'm responsible for a very few of the new overseas Grumblers and will continue to recommend TG to all I email and meet.

prospero

Pardon me, but Chickie's socks are NOT odd. They are identical in every way. ๐Ÿ™‚

The same however cannot be said for my feet. ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿฆถ

nikodeumus

MGF, Master Grumble Framer
I use the word "nano" because" small business" is defined as a business with 500 or fewer employees, and even a "micro business" seems too huge for most of us.

OK - some of us have several locations with a dozen employees at each, but I bet there are more of us with one tiny location and one chief cook and bottle washer per.

So "nano" seemed apropos.
You have someone to wash your bottles?!!??
Fancy Schmancy. ๐Ÿง
I just toss mine in a big pile, I call it "an ever-changing and growing art installation" ๐Ÿคฃ

David Waldmann

Forum Donor
Featured Vendor
You have someone to wash your bottles?!!??
Fancy Schmancy. ๐Ÿง
I just toss mine in a big pile, I call it "an ever-changing and growing art installation" ๐Ÿคฃ
I used to wash my bottles. But I hate doing it, and make wine because I enjoy it. So for roughly $1/bottle I just recycle the old ones and buy new ones.

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
It has only been just over a week, and already up to 8034. With so many new framers joining us, there should be a lot more discussion. Don't be shy. say hi! :)

neilframer

PFG, Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
7 more folks joined today.
I'm seeing more people joining from all over the country and the world.:thumbsup:
Is there something new where they are finding the Grumble that didn't exist before?
Just wondering.:kaffeetrinker-2:

Last edited:
LifeSaver Cloud from LifeSaver Software, Inc.

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
Is there something new where they are finding the Grumble that didn't exist before?
Just wondering.
I don't know, but I like it!

They all 'checked out' as in the industry. We screen each applicant, and review the registrations daily.

Although there are some very good FB groups out there, this forum offers a superior format vs a flat blog, IMO. It has sub categories for things like items for sale, business topics, social topics, equipment help, software help, jobs, etc. Everything is organized and easily found/searchable, so the format doesn't have to be as strict as other platforms. The support team strives to have a laid back/non censoring approach, and the members are respectful of each other. Your personal data is also safe, and is not being harvested or sold. You also don't have to weed through 50%+ unpleasant/extreme political posts to get your daily "framing fix". (Yes we do have a lively section for politics, but access is by request only. Politics aren't welcomed on the public sections of the forum, or in any framing areas)

I think it's a recipe for success, and am confident that it will re-gain the activity level it had in the past, once folks re-discover the new Picture Framer's G. There is a 22 year archive of valuable information here.

Mike

Framar

WOW Framer
There are so many framing groups on FB and whenever I see an opportunity, I slip in a link or two to the G. :cool:

Only a very dedicated person with a lot of free time can navigate any of the so-called "search" features on FB. Posts, photos, and advice sinks like a stone. :nuts:

Welcome to all the new Grumblers! :icon21:

Ylva

Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
I think we will see more and more activity once everyone is open again.
I do visit the Facebook groups, but it is hard to keep them all apart and know what is posted where. I also canโ€™t find posts back.
I search the archives here, there is so much information and it is also fun to stumble on some of the older warped threads.

Larry Peterson

PFG, Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
Resource Provider
My problem with Facebook is that its just so.................................................serial.

Its like you are a dog riding in a car hanging out the window with your tongue drooling in the wind watching everything go by. Some is pretty, some not. But all you are seeing is surface substance. You don't see what's behind the curtain.

We are the curtain, and you can see what is behind it. Behold the wonders of OZ theG.

MnSue

"I think it's a recipe for success, and am confident that it will re-gain the activity level it had in the past, once folks re-discover the new Picture Framer's G. There is a 22 year archive of valuable information here. Mike"

and this is why it is THE go to source when I need help!!!

Vermont Hardwoods solid wood picture frame molding

Keith L Hewitt

Forum Donor
I agree with the comments above. I like Mo and think he has dome a great job with his FB efforts, but I often find it quite difficult to find a post, and that can be so frustrating. As Larry Peterson put it so succinctly.
I'm sending out my infrequent Munken UPDATE later this month and will give The Grumble a plug, It goes to about 50 countries, so I hope it helps to pull in some new overseas Grumblers.

neilframer

PFG, Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
More people joining today and almost every day from the U.S. and other countries.:thumbsup:
Excellent!
Screen Shot 2020-06-14 at 4.25.15 PM.png

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
We just hit 8100 members last night. This past 3 weeks added 100 new framers.

A warm WELCOME to anyone who just joined us!

Mike Labbe

Administrator
Forum Support Team
.. and 8200 less than a month later. WELCOME to all of our new grumblers!

Larry Peterson

PFG, Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
Resource Provider
.. and 8200 less than a month later. WELCOME to all of our new grumblers!
What...............Did we hire someone from Wells Fargo to open new accounts??????????????? :thumbsup: ๐Ÿ˜œ :beer: :D

Picture framers only resource