• Welcome! You will have to REGISTER a free account, before you can access the system. If you already registered, please LOG IN. (top right)
    If you can't remember your password, CLICK HERE to reset it. If you have questions, feel free to click the CONTACT US link at the bottom of this page.
FrameReady Special Offer - Call 888-281-2202

Suggestion 45" Circle Frame

FrameandSaveCT

CGF, Certified Grumble Framer
I have a client looking for a round frame for her 45" mirror. In her words she is looking for the least expensive "FABULOUS" frame. Not sure those words should be used together in the same sentence. At least she didn't use the word cheap. Anyway if anyone has a suggestion other than Inline Ovals I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Erik

Rick Hennen

Grumbler
We would behappy to give you a quote. Contact us to discuss th details. Rian Fabfication Servives rianfabrication.com

Joe B

PFG, Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
I would definitely check with Rian Fabrication Services first since they are a Featured Vendor. If for some reason they can't help you, I have used a company by the name of Crone's Custom Woodworking from Fair Grove Mo. They do an excellent job at a fair price.

wpfay

Angry Badger
Forum Support Team
Forum Donor
There's also In Line Ovals.

FrameReady Special Offer - Call 888-281-2202

FramerInTraining

MGF, Master Grumble Framer
Forum Donor
I have a client looking for a round frame for her 45" mirror. In her words she is looking for the least expensive "FABULOUS" frame. Not sure those words should be used together in the same sentence. At least she didn't use the word cheap. Anyway if anyone has a suggestion other than Inline Ovals I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Erik
Mike Crone can make these for you at great prices.

JFeig

SGF, Supreme Grumble Framer
I do not mean to throw water on the fire; but, a 45" framed mirror will require a 5 foot router table. Looking at https://www.inlineovals.com/ none of their "custom" offerings appear to be made on a 5 foot CNC router. I have no idea of what other sources have regarding machinery.

Rick, can you please comment as to your company's limits.

Joe B

PFG, Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
I do not mean to throw water on the fire; but, a 45" framed mirror will require a 5 foot router table.
I was under the impression that frames of this size is done in quarters. The 4 pieces are then joining together, sanding, and finished. Some smaller oval & circle frames are done as one piece but I always thought the large frames were done in sections. Am I wrong in that belief?

Rick Hennen

Grumbler
I do not mean to throw water on the fire; but, a 45" framed mirror will require a 5 foot router table. Looking at https://www.inlineovals.com/ none of their "custom" offerings appear to be made on a 5 foot CNC router. I have no idea of what other sources have regarding machinery.

Rick, can you please comment as to your company's limits.
Our machine can produce a one piece circular frame with an outside size of 49" x 49". That is also the width of a sheet of MDF if that is the material to be used. If the OD is larger than that it would need to be done in sections. Typically, if the height of the frame let's say 1.5" , we would create 8 sections at 3/4" thick and overlap the seams, sand and prime for a smooth surface. We can cut in "tiled" sections on a rectangular frame or liner up to 50" x 97"

LifeSaver Cloud from LifeSaver Software, Inc.

JFeig

SGF, Supreme Grumble Framer
Thank you Rick for the info. As a long time woodworker, I have a question. What type of joint is used for the assembly? Biscuits, flat joint, kerf, tongue and groove.

Rick Hennen

Grumbler
Thank you Rick for the info. As a long time woodworker, I have a question. What type of joint is used for the assembly? Biscuits, flat joint, kerf, tongue and groove.
The method we use varies depending on the frame size and style. We have done "carved" frames where we glue several sheets together to create the required depth and then 3d carve the profile shape. We then flip it over and route the rabbet. That is assuming the OD is smaller than 49". Right now I am doing a 64" OD Round Float Frame where the overall depth is 1.75". The stem is 1.5" tall with a 1.5" face so in this case I would use 2 layers of 3/4" Ultralight MDF and design the frame with 4 equal arcs. I would then take the 8 sections, since there are 2 layers, and face glue them together overlapping the seams and using thin wire brads through the back to keep things lined up while I clamp and allow to dry. We would then glue that assembly to the back panel creating the ledge of the Float. In this case they wanted an eleven inch border on the back. Everything is then sanded smooth and primed. We do a lot of oversized custom wall displays for hospitality and frequently use Biscuits or Tongue and Groove to create those projects.

Vermont Hardwoods solid wood picture frame molding