1-acrylic guitar case 2-frame repair

BILL WARD

SGF, Supreme Grumble Framer
From
Tampa, FL
This is my week for hitting the wall....

1-I need a source for a waist high, free standing(wall mount will NOT do!!), acrylic guitar case, large enough for a full sized(normal shaped) electric guitar(gotten from an Alabama farewell tour). Anyone know of anyplace doing such a thing???

2-I have a customer with an early 1900's fancy guilt frame that has been damaged in both upper corners(top piece of frame is seperated for the 'U' on both sides) and part of a cormer rabit is missing...does enyone know of someone in/around Florida that gets into this heavy type repair??? Dont think they'd go for shipping it to ends of the earth....

Thanks all.

Kevin Colbert

CGF, Certified Grumble Framer
From
Naperville, IL
1) Gemini Showcase Acrylic (800) 323-3575 should have what you need. They are located here in the Chicago area, but if you don't find a closer supplier, they do good work.

2) I don't know

brian.k

Grumbler
From
san francisco
Bill,
For the frame repair, I haven't got a clue for someone local to you. If they don't mind shipping to New York, there are quite a few shops that do fine repair of antique frames. APF/Munn has done very good work for me in the past. The problem with frame repair though is that it quite often costs more than the purchase of a whole new frame.

Jim Miller

SPFG, Supreme Picture Framing God
Forum Donor
From
Suburban Central Ohio
I'd like to second Kevin's nomination of Showcase Acrylic for the guitar box.

They have a mounted, enclosed guitar on display in their showroom, which is often taken to trade shows. That one is designed so the box may be opened & the guitar taken out for use. It hangs, but they could certainly build a free-standing enclosure for you.

For the frame repair, we have an excellent builder/restorer of gilded frames here in Columbus. But in Florida, you're on your own.

Terry Hart cpf

SGF, Supreme Grumble Framer
From
Excelsior, MN
For frame restoration/repair, seems to me that Jakob-Sansbury conservation is in FL somewhere but I can't seem to get their web site up right now. Or just try looking up (googling) John Sansbury. You could also get referal through www.societyofgilders.org