Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Crescent Couture

SPFG Supreme Picture Framer God Ylva's Avatar

Default Re: Crescent Couture

I love them and would be able to sell them to some of my customers. However...some of those finishes I could probably do myself (the leather look for instance) which would make it easier to re-create.
    I'm thinking I need to make some of my own samples soon!

Anyone care to pm me the cost of the samples????

SPFG Supreme Picture Framer God Ylva's Avatar

Thanks Russ and Jennifer for you private messages! I will contact my rep, I do think I might be able to sell them, and, as Randy said, you can't sell what you don't show.

SGF Supreme Grumble Framer Joe B's Avatar

This is crazy. There isn't a local supplier that is going to carry Crescent Couture. I will have to order these mats from a supplier in Chicago. Oh well, that means that more of my business will be leaving the local suppliers, it just doesn't make much sense to me. I can see where my local suppliers wouldn't want a large supply but you would think they would carry a couple mats of each design. Oh well, their loss... Joe B
    "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something."

SGF Supreme Grumble Framer Grey Owl's Avatar

Lets assume your local distributor is NOT going to carry Couture in their inventory. However I am going to assume they do carry Crescent. And when they order any mat boards from Crescent, they do not order always order in full 25 case quantities (at least my distributor doesn't). Maybe 5 of these 3 of these , etc.

So if they don't inventory, they can order for you and have it come in on the next order. And for my distributor, they order Crescent so they get it every 2 weeks, max. Just tell your customer "this is a very special mat and will just take a little longer, because it is rare enough that your local distributors don't carry and it has to be special ordered from Illinois. It will truly be a very unique design, and made in the US, that no one else will have!....nothing ordinary for you!"

My local distributor does this all of the time for me on moulding from Omega and Designer Woods. If they don't carry a particular moulding , they will bring it in with their next shipment.
    Russ Wood / Grey Owl Framing
    Original Art and Specialty Pieces Deserve Uncommon Frames

www.GreyOwlFraming.com
    http://www.facebook.com/GreyOwlFraming

SGF Supreme Grumble Framer Joe B's Avatar

Russ, I did check with them about ordering the Couture Mat in as I need them. They told me I would have to order 5 Couture mats at a time. I am tempted to do that but the other option is to order the singles out of Chicago - I guess I will go the Chicago route instead. I know the Couture mats won't be a big seller for me but at the same time I know that I will sell a few. I would think a distributor, especially the large National distributor, would look at it the same way and carry a small inventory for framers that would use them. Minneapolis isn't a small town so if I can sell them, there must be at least a few more galleries/frame shops that would sell them too. Just a thought...Joe B
    "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something."

Quote Originally Posted by Joe B View Post
    Russ, I did check with them about ordering the Couture Mat in as I need them. They told me I would have to order 5 Couture mats at a time. I am tempted to do that but the other option is to order the singles out of Chicago - I guess I will go the Chicago route instead. I know the Couture mats won't be a big seller for me but at the same time I know that I will sell a few. I would think a distributor, especially the large National distributor, would look at it the same way and carry a small inventory for framers that would use them. Minneapolis isn't a small town so if I can sell them, there must be at least a few more galleries/frame shops that would sell them too. Just a thought...Joe B
    Okay, so apparently, Crescent must have a minimum order quantity of 5 for these. I know my distributor is carrying them.

I carry a lot of the Crescent museum rags, and sometimes they are out of stock and I ask about their next order on the way, and I thought they have told me they are bringing in like 2 or 3 of something, so I will need to ask them again about any minimums. That way I can have the correct info.

www.GreyOwlFraming.com

SPFG Supreme Picture Framer God Dave's Avatar

I was told by my local distributor that they are packaged in two of the same per pack and if I wanted to special order through them I'd have to order a pack of two.
    Dave Makielski

The guy who knows a lot about a little and a little about a lot. I learn something
    everyday and appreciate those who help to educate me, teach me and nurture me.

MGF Master Grumble Framer Cavalier's Avatar

Truthfully, I was on the fence about these until someone compared selling these to selling Museum glass.

Since Museum Glass makes up more than half of my glazing sales, guess I'll have to get a set.

Work:
    Play: Email There's Art Here!
    ...but I digress like a Burroughs novel.

SGF Supreme Grumble Framer

Quote Originally Posted by Joe B View Post
    This is crazy. There isn't a local supplier that is going to carry Crescent Couture.
    I hope someone from the company is reading this because this is a problem for Crescent and I'm not sure who to blame.

I recall the visit Crescent made last year when they dropped off a catalog of their products.

I was amazed at the different items they made and surprised that I hadn't seen them before.

One way or another these items have to make their way into the distribution system if they expect to sell them. If not, the samples are just a tease.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    I was told by my local distributor that they are packaged in two of the same per pack and if I wanted to special order through them I'd have to order a pack of two.
    Thanks for the info Dave.

www.GreyOwlFraming.com

Go