Thread: FrameReady software

Grumbler

Default FrameReady software

Hello,
    Just curious to see if anyone has any info about the POS software called frame ready. I was researching some POS systems online and found this one, thought it looked pretty good. Any feedback would be great. Thanks!
  2. Thread Sponsor
The CMC Doctor

SGF Supreme Grumble Framer MaJa's Avatar

Here is a great chart (thank Mike) to compare POS software.

You can also search "frame ready" or look for the Lifesaver Tips and Tricks tread, if you want to learn more about Lifesaver.

Good luck!
    ~ Mary

My train of thought derailed. There were no survivors.

SPFG Supreme Picture Framer God

FrameReady is very good, and a popular program for framers. LifeSaver and SpecialtySoft are also popular, and these probably comprise the top three framing point-of-sale programs in the USA.

Most of us use only one POS program, and would be pleased to endorse the one we use, because we do not have personal experience with the others.

Maybe the best idea would be to obtain the demonstration versions of the popular programs, give all of them a fair test in your own business, and then decide which one works best for your purposes.

CGF II, Certified Grumble Framer Level II Smile with Style's Avatar
    Petrolia, Ontario "Canada's Victorian Oil Town"

Thumbs up FrameReady point of sale software

Hi ALB,
    Id be happy to answer any questions you have about FrameReady. The software has been around since 1995 and is widely used in North America. There's also an Australian version available. There are free downloads on the website and short training videos. You can also email any questions directly to me at softouch at mnsi dot net.
    Cheers,
    1. Carol Graham, Petrolia, Ontario, Canada

Trainer: FrameReady software - Director: PPFA Board of Directors - Chair: Art in the Park Petrolia (www.artintheparkpetrolia.com) - Secretary - Petrolia Business Group

PFG Picture Framing God Kirstie's Avatar

I know that most framers like the POS system they use, but I love Frame Ready! Service is stellar, the software is cross-platform, it is almost infinitely customizable, it has a large feature set, and it does the job. Call Carol for a walk-through and you won't be disappointed.

Our company has used Lifesaver (about 4 years ago) and Specialty Soft (about 2 years ago) and have looked into Wizard (not impressed). We have used FrameReady for over 2 years now and in our opinion, it is the best full featured version with the most capabilities. Be carefull with some of the software out there - try the demos first. Having developed software in the past, I know a good software should be easy to use (that means, easy to use all features without needing to read a big manual first, and without needing 'workarounds') Any software that advertises workarounds, is admitting failure! FrameReady is very rich in features, but may not be quite up to par with another on reporting. I'd recomend it over the others though!
    "Thanks to all Grumblers - grrrrrreat site!" HB (not home based)

SPFG Supreme Picture Framer God

For about a decade, I've remained a happy user of FrameReady.

Grumbler

Default frame ready

Quote Originally Posted by Smile with Style View Post
    Hi ALB,
    Id be happy to answer any questions you have about FrameReady. The software has been around since 1995 and is widely used in North America. There's also an Australian version available. There are free downloads on the website and short training videos. You can also email any questions directly to me at softouch at mnsi dot net.
    Cheers,
    I have heard lots of people talk about lifesaver..but from what I found online, I am really interested in frameReady. Looks so user friendly. I noticed there is a free 30 day trail, any demo cd's you could send for me to check out?

CGF II, Certified Grumble Framer Level II Smile with Style's Avatar
    Petrolia, Ontario "Canada's Victorian Oil Town"

Thumbs up FrameReady Demo

Quote Originally Posted by ALB View Post
    I have heard lots of people talk about lifesaver..but from what I found online, I am really interested in frameReady. Looks so user friendly. I noticed there is a free 30 day trail, any demo cd's you could send for me to check out?
    ALB,
    I would be happy to send you a demo CD. Let me know the mailing address of where you would like it sent. Also, whether you want a Windows or Macintosh version of FrameReady. If you want to call me with that information, our toll free number is 888-281-3303.
    1. Carol Graham, Petrolia, Ontario, Canada

Trainer: FrameReady software - Director: PPFA Board of Directors - Chair: Art in the Park Petrolia (www.artintheparkpetrolia.com) - Secretary - Petrolia Business Group

• Thread Sponsor
    The CMC Doctor

• Go