Thread: Inmes IM-30 MP Double Miter Saw

Grumbler in training

Default Inmes IM-30 MP Double Miter Saw

I am in the process of buying a miter saw for my studio, but have no previous experience with any models?
    Does anyone have any experience with the Inmes IM-30 MP, vs. the Brevetti Prisma CE. I found the Inmes at a much better prize, and with all the optional items included.
    Any advice would be appreciated.

Cesar.

www.cesarfernandezphotography.com
  2. Thread Sponsor

Sponsor Wanted

You are really comparing two totally different tools.
    Give us an idea of the volume of framing you plan on doing, and we can better answer the question. You might also want to look at other brands as well, depending on your needs. There are several used Pistorius saws on the market currently, and are very good values.
    "the whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people are so full of doubts"-Bertrand Russell.

Wally Fay
    Sunshine Frames

Grumbler in training

I actually meant the IM 300 PL model, compared with the Brevetti Prisma CE. Sorry for the confusion.
    Thank you Wally for your response. I will be doing anywhere from 25 to 50 large frames per month; mostly molds of 3 to 4.5" wide. I mostly sell to private collectors, galleries and museums; and I do photo exhibits of my work at international galleries and museums, at times of more than 50 pieces, and I am mostly looking for a machine that can give me the "best" quality" cut and also save me time; even when I do not run a large volume of cuts per month. I have tried a regular "Makita" saw with the measuring system for a while, and I can get "fair" joints, but not perfect. It also takes a little longer to get perfect measurements and cuts, making sure one "manually" clamps the moulding, then turning the saw in the other direccion, etc., etc.
    I have seen the automatic clamps on those double miter saw machines, not to mention the easy of their measuring system and their cutting system as well...much faster and cleaner cuts.
    I have a budget of up to $ 5 thousands USD. I have looked for used ones but so far have found either too old or too far from Alabama. I would like a new one or an used one with little use that would give many years of good service.
    Sorry for the confusion.
    Thanks for your reply.

Cesar.

• Thread Sponsor
    Sponsor Wanted

Call (401) 619-4335 to become a sponsor today.

• Go