Periodically, it's good to take a few steps back and look at the big picture. We receive a lot of feedback from new and current members, and there has been a shared and growing concern lately. At times, certain members are making posts that give the appearance of a hostile or unwelcoming environment. A small minority are sometimes abusive and/or self involved. This creates an atmosphere where new and existing users may not feel welcomed, and may hesitate to participate. It is against what we envisioned this forum to be, and stifles participation.
The staff has discussed this at length, and will be making an extra effort to get things back on track. Rule number one has always been "BE NICE!", and this is an opportunity to take a look at our own posts to make sure the forum is a welcoming and friendly resource for our peers. The moderators will also be taking a more active role in the future, to keep things on track.
Working together in a positive way, we can make sure this forum remains the number one resource for our industry.
Must Read All Members:
Notice to Unregistered:
If you post after receiving this notice you agree to follow our rules and policies.
Although the administrators and moderators of The Picture Framers Grumble will attempt to keep all objectionable
messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of
the author, and neither the owners of The Picture Framers Grumble, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin)
will be held responsible for the content of any message.
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar,
sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violate any laws either in your country or internationally.
The owners, management and moderators of The Picture Framers Grumble reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.
1. Be Nice.
2. If you can help someone please do.
3. A debate with strong opinions is fine; however, DON'T GET PERSONAL or your membership could be be suspended, banned or removed at our option.
4. Remember #1
5. This site only works because of 100's and 1000's of great picture framers from around the world coming together here, networking to say what works for them. Please respect your fellow framers and the time it takes to help you with whatever problem you put forth.
6. Remember this is a two way street.
7. Moderators should be shown respect. They work hard to keep the nasties off this system. They are volunteers. Please don't argue with them.
8. Moderators do not read everything! Please use the report post button if for any reason you feel that these rules are not being followed (especially Rule 1).
9. Liability: with the registration and participation in this forum, the member releases the administrator/moderators from all claims resulting from breaches of the law by the member, for example (but not limited to) damages against third parties or attorney fees.
10. WARNING: This site is addictive, sniffing white glue when posting may help.
Breaking the rules:
Title Points Expires  Warning Extend
Insulted Other Member(s) 1 10 Day(s) Yes Yes
Signature Rule Violation 1 10 Day(s) Yes      Yes
Waste Moderator's Time 1 10 Day(s) Yes No
Personal Attack 2 10 Day(s) Yes Yes
Inappropriate Language 3 10 Day(s) No Yes
Spammed Advertisements 5 10 Day(s) No Yes
If you break the rules you will be given points. If you get a 2nd or 3rd violation the 10 days until points expire get added together. If you get 3 points your access to Warped forum and all private groups are removed. Your user title becomes "Limited User". If you manage to get 5 points you are put in "Timeout" where all posting and PM's rights are removed but you may still read the basic board. 6 or more points and you've earned a ban until your points come down. One point is removed every 10 days. We can also give a custom rule violation and give any points we want if needed. I really hope that does not happen.
Some violations we may give a warning but it up to the moderator and the circumstances.
The Picture Framers Grumble