Thread: Value of Ray Harm Prints

CGF II, Certified Grumble Framer Level II Jack Flynn's Avatar

Default Value of Ray Harm Prints

A customer has collected wildlife prints for decades, primarily Ray Harm wildlife prints. Most are unframed and still in original envelopes and sleeves. Harm's website lists current market values. Anyone have experience with these prints and their values, or know if Harm's website values are accurate?

Customer wants me to frame his 100+ collection and then have a show with his portion of the proceeds going to charity, primarily a scholarship fund. Neat project, but need to figure out a decent valuation strategy.

Any ideas?
    Start where you are, use what you have, do what you can. -- Arthur Ashe

2. Thread Sponsor

Sponsor Wanted

PFG Picture Framing God FrameMakers's Avatar

So is he paying for the framing or are you ??? I would never frame other peoples work at my expense on the hope that it would sell.
    Dave Wetterstroem

You don't stop playing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop playing.

CGF II, Certified Grumble Framer Level II Jack Flynn's Avatar

No, I'm being paid for my framing. I have agreed to handle the admin details of this show and he is happy to provide necessary seed money. I just want to frame in line with value of art so we arrive at a practical selling price.

This is a case of someone of means who is aging, who loves the art he collected, and now wants to see it enjoyed while also benefiting some cause. His scholarship funds are already established and active. He likes to channel proceeds from his various charitable activities to them.
    Start where you are, use what you have, do what you can. -- Arthur Ashe

• Thread Sponsor
    Sponsor Wanted

• Go